OCS2007R2 Chat Server: Invalid Globally Routable User Agent URI? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I've upgraded to OCS2007R2 without a hitch.

I then proceeded to install the Chat Server.  As you know it has two components: Chat Server itself and the Compliance Server.  The Compliance Server, I have yet to install and setup because after installing the Chat Server I get the following snag:

When I open the Group Chat Server Configuration App, I notice that there are 3 services: 

Channel Server, Lookup Server and the Web Server.  The Channel Server is in a state : "Not Running", and the other two running just fine.

When I go to Services, I can verify the "Server Channel Service" is stopped.  I verified the username and password(even changed it for luck) to start the service and I proceed to start it manually from there.  Then I launched the "Group Chat Administration Tool Sign in".  When I deliberatly give the wrong password the reply is constant that the password or sign-in address is wrong.  When I give the correct password the reply is as follows:

"Cannot sign in because of a problem with the chat room service."

When I look at the Configuration App, it confirms that the service has again stopped.

I went over to the Office Communinication Server Application Event Log and noticed the incident is logged. 

Herewith the Event:

Log Name:        Office Communications Server
    Source:             OCS MGC
    Date:                2009/02/10 01:15:58 PM
    Event ID:          6383
    Task Category: (1098)
    Level:                Error
    Keywords:        Classic
    User:                 N/A
    Computer:        "My OCS Server"
    Description:
    Unable to connect to Office Communications Server due to exception The string supplied is not a valid GRUU.
    Parameter name: gruu. Stack trace
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.SipPeerToPeerEndpoint.InitializeGruu(String gruu)
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.SipPeerToPeerEndpoint.Initialize(RealTimeServerConnectionManager connectionManager, String gruu)
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.SipPeerToPeerEndpoint..ctor(String uri, RealTimeServerConnectionManager connectionManager, SipTransportType defaultTransportType, String gruu)
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Chat.Endpoint.Transports.Server.UCMA.UcmaTransport.ConnectChannelServer(Certificate cert)
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Chat.Endpoint.Transports.Server.UCMA.UcmaTransport.Connect()
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Chat.Server.ServerCommon.BaseServerTransport.ConnectTransport(Credentials credentials, SessionManager sm)
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Chat.Endpoint.Transports.BaseTransport.Connect(Credentials credentials)
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Chat.Server.ServerCommon.BaseServerTransport.Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Chat.Server.ServerCommon.IServerTransport.Connect(Credentials )
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Chat.Server.Channel.Server.ChannelServer.Connect(Credentials credentials)
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Chat.Server.Channel.Server.ChannelServer.OnStart().
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="
    http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
      <System>
        <Provider Name="OCS MGC" />
        <EventID Qualifiers="50250">6383</EventID>
        <Level>2</Level>
        <Task>1098</Task>
        <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
        <TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-02-10T11:15:58.000Z" />
        <EventRecordID>4257</EventRecordID>
        <Channel>Office Communications Server</Channel>
        <Computer>"My OCS Server"</Computer>
        <Security />
      </System>
      <EventData>
        <Data>The string supplied is not a valid GRUU.
    Parameter name: gruu</Data>
        <Data>   at Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.SipPeerToPeerEndpoint.InitializeGruu(String gruu)
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.SipPeerToPeerEndpoint.Initialize(RealTimeServerConnectionManager connectionManager, String gruu)
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.SipPeerToPeerEndpoint..ctor(String uri, RealTimeServerConnectionManager connectionManager, SipTransportType defaultTransportType, String gruu)
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Chat.Endpoint.Transports.Server.UCMA.UcmaTransport.ConnectChannelServer(Certificate cert)
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Chat.Endpoint.Transports.Server.UCMA.UcmaTransport.Connect()
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Chat.Server.ServerCommon.BaseServerTransport.ConnectTransport(Credentials credentials, SessionManager sm)
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Chat.Endpoint.Transports.BaseTransport.Connect(Credentials credentials)
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Chat.Server.ServerCommon.BaseServerTransport.Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Chat.Server.ServerCommon.IServerTransport.Connect(Credentials )
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Chat.Server.Channel.Server.ChannelServer.Connect(Credentials credentials)
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Chat.Server.Channel.Server.ChannelServer.OnStart()</Data>
      </EventData>
    </Event>

I've attempted to re-install the Chat Server completely, but again, I get stuck at this point.

The string supplied is invalid (GRUU) ?

Please advise...

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 6:13 PM

All replies