Validation, ISP Tool, Screen Background etc problems. RRS feed

• Question

•  

Re: Why do I have an invalid license error message

I

I have a validation problem plus other issues - I have a fully licensed set up, Windows and Office.Diagnostics are below. It says in the diagnostics that my copy is invalid but in another section of the dignostics it says it is.

I have run some tasks as suggsted by you on other threads - all to no avail. I have a 6001 message in the bottom right hand corener of my screen a t start up - but no time warning.  At start up I get a validate now message that says the laptop wil satrt in 14 seconds which it does - I can then select Activate later and I get going, no problems.  Then  I get constant messegs to Activate - I have attempyted to do that countless times and for one reason or another I cannot make it works.  Iam in a remote location and phone support could be a problem until I get back to Australia.

I have at the same time (all happened seven days ago) as this above issue, another two.  When I hit Control Panel or many other tasks I get an ISP Settings tool warning: Resource File <C-SpURsDII> Not Found.  It pings me constantly all day over the past seven days, and is 100% infuriating and I lose my screen background everytime I set a new one - it lasts about ten minutes - started at the same time as all the above.  I may add also very slow to boot and shutdown.

I apologise for using another thread for my first post - I am new to all this.

Thanks.

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0095.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Invalid License
    Validation Code: 50
    Online Validation Code: 0xc004c532
    Cached Validation Code: 0x0
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-WWQD3-Y23HX-FR3CT
    Windows Product Key Hash: NzlE8T+4p477lo38ZGPrj6gA1sE=
    Windows Product ID: 89578-OEM-7215947-94329
    Windows Product ID Type: 8
    Windows License Type: COA SLP
    Windows OS version: 6.0.6001.2.00010300.1.0.003
    CSVLK Server: N/A
    CSVLK PID: N/A
    ID: {44AAFB55-7812-4082-BF1C-4128B719A6AD}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.59.1
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium
    Architecture: 0x00000000
    Build lab: 6001.vistasp1_gdr.080425-1930
    TTS Error:
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Version: 6.0.6001.18000

WGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    File Exists: No
    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WGATray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 100 Genuine
    Microsoft Office Professional 2007 - 100 Genuine
    OGA Version: N/A, 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-282-80041010_025D1FF3-170-80041010_025D1FF3-171-1_025D1FF3-434-80040154_025D1FF3-178-80040154_025D1FF3-179-2_025D1FF3-185-80070002_025D1FF3-199-3

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{44AAFB55-7812-4082-BF1C-4128B719A6AD}</UGUID><Version>1.7.0095.0</Version><OS>6.0.6001.2.00010300.1.0.003</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-FR3CT</PKey><PID>89578-OEM-7215947-94329</PID><PIDType>8</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-1421976349-1970314479-1940051595</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>ASUSTeK Computer Inc.</Manufacturer><Model>W7J                 </Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>American Megatrends Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>304    </Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="4"/><Date>20070117000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>2F333507018400FA</HWID><UserLCID>0C09</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>AUS Eastern Standard Time(GMT+10:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM><OEMID>A_M_I_</OEMID><OEMTableID>OEMSLIC </OEMTableID></OEM><BRT/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>100</Result><Products><Product GUID="{91120000-0014-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Professional 2007</Name><Ver>12</Ver><Val>36E15D2AADAD778</Val><Hash>3yZjmrp+j+oCe+99EOD6qst7u8w=</Hash><Pid>81605-956-3667616-65205</Pid><PidType>1</PidType></Product></Products><Applications><App Id="15" Version="12" Result="100"/><App Id="16" Version="12" Result="100"/><App Id="18" Version="12" Result="100"/><App Id="19" Version="12" Result="100"/><App Id="1A" Version="12" Result="100"/><App Id="1B" Version="12" Result="100"/></Applications></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Spsys.log Content: 0x80070002

Saturday, July 12, 2008 5:16 AM

Answers

• Hello Desborough,

The 15 sec wait timer is a specal situation.  This only happens when a customer installs Service Pack 1 on a computer that was using a Activation Hack. These Activation Hacks work by imitating an OEM SLP Product Key that would make Vista self-activate without having to Activate thru Microsoft over the Internet or by Phone...thus bypassing activation. Once installed, Service Pack 1 makes Vista ignore these types of hacks, and as such, Vista would no longer be Activated and go into this unique unactivated state with the 15 sec wait timer, black background and such.  

Now before you say you have a Fully Licensed copy of Vista, let me say that Yes, I fully agree, your Vista does now have a Genuine COA SLP Product Key and is (and always has been) Licensed to run Vista.

The Differents between an OEM SLP and a COA SLP key is that the OEM SLP key comes already in your computer, from the factory. The COA SLP key is the Product Key listed on the Certificate of Authenticity sticker on the side or bottom of your computer.

The fact that you now have a Genuine COA SLP key entered in Vista means your computer was (and is) fully licensed to run that copy of Vista and that when the computer was built, it did have a Valid OEM SLP key and a Certificate of Authenticity sticker with a Genuine COA SLP key was place on it.

I do not know how your computer came to have the OEM SLP Activation Hack on it, but it happened at some point after it left the factory.

Some of the possible scenarios that could explain how you had an Activation Hack in your Vista are:

1) Maybe another member of the household (kids?) was testing out the Activation Hack on your already Licensed computer.

2) If the computer was bought used, the former owner may have been testing out the Hack and just forgot to uninstall it.

3) Maybe you took the computer in to be serviced and the Repair Person needed to reinstall Vista, but instead of looking for and using the COA SLP key, he instead using an Activation Hack, off the internet, to get the job done faster.

Regardless of how the Hack came to be installed on your computer, it doesn't matter because your computer would have been Activated already (with the hack installed or not) and your computer was already (and always has been) licensed to run that copy of Vista.  

Note: this is not a false positive. Service Pack 1 did succeed in disabling a hack used by pirates to bypass Activation. Unfortunatly, (for some reason) the Hack was installed on a computer that was already Activated and Licensed to run Vista

At this point, we just need to get the OEM SLP key activated so Vista will return to normal operation. The problem is that OEM SLP key can only be Activated by Phone.

So once you get to an area with an available phone, go ahead and Activate Windows, but use the Activate by Phone method by Clicking the Start button, and type slui.exe 4 in the search field and then press the "Enter" key. This will bring up the Activate by Phone dialog window. Follow the steps provided by the window. The phone activation process should only take about 6 minutes. 

NOTE: The key to this process is that you need to talk to a Live Activation Rep! When you first call, you will be interacting with an Automated Voice, either select the option to talk to a Live Rep or if there is no option, do not enter any numbers. This should force the automated voice to transfer you to a Live Rep.

As for the "ISP Settings tool warning: Resource File <C-SpURsDII> Not Found" errors, I have never seen that before. I do not think it's related to the Activation Hack being disabled, but maybe it is. The way to find out is if after you Activate Vista, does the error go away. If doesn't, then it would seem the error is unrelated to the Genuine/Non-Genuin issue.

Hope this helps,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 9:55 PM

All replies

• Hello Desborough,

The 15 sec wait timer is a specal situation.  This only happens when a customer installs Service Pack 1 on a computer that was using a Activation Hack. These Activation Hacks work by imitating an OEM SLP Product Key that would make Vista self-activate without having to Activate thru Microsoft over the Internet or by Phone...thus bypassing activation. Once installed, Service Pack 1 makes Vista ignore these types of hacks, and as such, Vista would no longer be Activated and go into this unique unactivated state with the 15 sec wait timer, black background and such.  

Now before you say you have a Fully Licensed copy of Vista, let me say that Yes, I fully agree, your Vista does now have a Genuine COA SLP Product Key and is (and always has been) Licensed to run Vista.

The Differents between an OEM SLP and a COA SLP key is that the OEM SLP key comes already in your computer, from the factory. The COA SLP key is the Product Key listed on the Certificate of Authenticity sticker on the side or bottom of your computer.

The fact that you now have a Genuine COA SLP key entered in Vista means your computer was (and is) fully licensed to run that copy of Vista and that when the computer was built, it did have a Valid OEM SLP key and a Certificate of Authenticity sticker with a Genuine COA SLP key was place on it.

I do not know how your computer came to have the OEM SLP Activation Hack on it, but it happened at some point after it left the factory.

Some of the possible scenarios that could explain how you had an Activation Hack in your Vista are:

1) Maybe another member of the household (kids?) was testing out the Activation Hack on your already Licensed computer.

2) If the computer was bought used, the former owner may have been testing out the Hack and just forgot to uninstall it.

3) Maybe you took the computer in to be serviced and the Repair Person needed to reinstall Vista, but instead of looking for and using the COA SLP key, he instead using an Activation Hack, off the internet, to get the job done faster.

Regardless of how the Hack came to be installed on your computer, it doesn't matter because your computer would have been Activated already (with the hack installed or not) and your computer was already (and always has been) licensed to run that copy of Vista.  

Note: this is not a false positive. Service Pack 1 did succeed in disabling a hack used by pirates to bypass Activation. Unfortunatly, (for some reason) the Hack was installed on a computer that was already Activated and Licensed to run Vista

At this point, we just need to get the OEM SLP key activated so Vista will return to normal operation. The problem is that OEM SLP key can only be Activated by Phone.

So once you get to an area with an available phone, go ahead and Activate Windows, but use the Activate by Phone method by Clicking the Start button, and type slui.exe 4 in the search field and then press the "Enter" key. This will bring up the Activate by Phone dialog window. Follow the steps provided by the window. The phone activation process should only take about 6 minutes. 

NOTE: The key to this process is that you need to talk to a Live Activation Rep! When you first call, you will be interacting with an Automated Voice, either select the option to talk to a Live Rep or if there is no option, do not enter any numbers. This should force the automated voice to transfer you to a Live Rep.

As for the "ISP Settings tool warning: Resource File <C-SpURsDII> Not Found" errors, I have never seen that before. I do not think it's related to the Activation Hack being disabled, but maybe it is. The way to find out is if after you Activate Vista, does the error go away. If doesn't, then it would seem the error is unrelated to the Genuine/Non-Genuin issue.

Hope this helps,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 9:55 PM
  • Thanks Darin.

I will do that when I get back home in three weeks. I suspect it was the Asus repair service that did the deed - some three weeks ago.  Anyway, thanks a million for the very clear response, and instructions.

Desborough.

Thursday, July 17, 2008 8:08 AM