Accessing CRM 4.0 Server from Client RRS feed

• Question

•  Hi All,

I'm pretty much new to this CRM installation & configuration, where-in i have a small trouble, below is my query,

* How do i access a CRM server from a client machine, i have installed CRM 4.0 Enterprise Edition (Registered copy  have 20 CRM users configured on it) on the server and I'm working on it, it works perfectly fine with any number of active directory users.
        * Now, i want my sales and marketing people to use the application, i tried by just entering the URL from the client which is something like "http://crmservername:5555/organizationname/loader.aspx" since my deployment was a Network Service Account and it doesn't work.
        * Now, how do i accomplish it???... Is there something to with at the time of installation itself (or) something related to server deployment roles, can't figure it out what I'm missing!!!!!

Since this is a very common practice, I believe there will many to help me on this... Expecting quick replies...

Any help or suggestions would be highly appreciated... Thanks.

Cheers,

Edwin
    Edwin
    Saturday, June 13, 2009 12:10 PM

Answers

• Hi Leon,

First up, thanks for your valuable time in helping me out...

I totally re-installed dynamics CRM and installed again... It worked, I'm able to access the CRM server from the client machines..
    The only thing i tried differently was, when selecting the website option during installation i selected the "existing default website" instead of "Creating a new website of port number:5555"... IT WORKED.... In my previous installation i selected the "Create new website option"... Which is the only thing i changed during the re-installation....

But in normal cases both options are supposed to work, I can't figure it out why it didn't work in my case....

Anyways, thanks for your help and guidance and expecting the same in future queries if any...

Many Thanks...

Cheers,
    Edwin
    Edwin
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 11:33 AM

All replies

• I admire your optimism; expecting quick replies on a Saturday. Even more so when you fail to mention what the specific error message is ;)

Plugging in the URL should work IF the account on the client machine has been set up in CRM. You need to add the client login user to CRM and give them a role.

Leon Tribe
    Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog

Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog http://leontribe.blogspot.com/
    • Proposed as answer by Leon TribeMVP Saturday, June 13, 2009 2:29 PM
    Saturday, June 13, 2009 2:28 PM
  • Hi Leon,

Thanks for your time... that too on a Saturday...
    When i try accessing the URL from the client machine it simply says that "THE PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED"
    In this regard, i have added the active directory users to the CRM and added them roles as well, but i wonder why it is not working...
    Are there any other possibilities which i can try out?                

Thanks,
    Edwin
    Edwin
    Monday, June 15, 2009 5:34 AM
  • I'm wondering if it is an IE8 issue as that has been causing me some fun and games. Is the client using IE8? If so, is there the option of moving back to IE7?

Leon Tribe
    http://leontribe.blogspot.com/

Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog http://leontribe.blogspot.com/
    Monday, June 15, 2009 7:19 AM
  • Aah, now i guess it gets a bit tricky... Actually the CRM Server uses IE 6 and the client which i'm trying from has IE 7, is that a problem???

Thanks in advance...

Cheers,
    Edwin
    Edwin
    Monday, June 15, 2009 7:25 AM
  • IE7 should be fine. Can you ping the server?

Leon Tribe

Monday, June 15, 2009 11:38 AM
  • Yes, I'm able to ping my server from all my clients...

Thanks
    Edwin
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 5:30 AM
  • Hi Leon,

First up, thanks for your valuable time in helping me out...

I totally re-installed dynamics CRM and installed again... It worked, I'm able to access the CRM server from the client machines..
    The only thing i tried differently was, when selecting the website option during installation i selected the "existing default website" instead of "Creating a new website of port number:5555"... IT WORKED.... In my previous installation i selected the "Create new website option"... Which is the only thing i changed during the re-installation....

But in normal cases both options are supposed to work, I can't figure it out why it didn't work in my case....

Anyways, thanks for your help and guidance and expecting the same in future queries if any...

Many Thanks...

Cheers,
    Edwin
    Edwin
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 11:33 AM