Route Planner printout doesn't include stop address RRS feed

• Question

• I have many customer pushpins loaded.  When I create a route, optimize stops and get directions the printed directions doesn't include the address that is shown in the pushpin balloon for each stop.  It only includes the 1st label in the pushpin ballon (which is an customer name etc.).

Any suggestions?

Wednesday, April 4, 2012 9:34 PM

Answers

• The default is to use only one "Name" field as you have discovered but a second name field can be included and that will appear in the Driving Directions for your Stops.

There are two possible "name" fields for pushpins and S&T will show them both in the name of the Stop in the Driving Directions, if selected.  Therefore, if you import the data from a spreadsheet using the Data Import Wizard and select "Name 2" as the Type from the drop-down list for the column containing the address data, then the text of the address will appear in the Driving Directions for each Stop.  This will include everything from the "Name" and "Name 2" columns which could possible include the telephone number if that was is the address column.

However, this all depends on your importing the pushpin data from a spreadsheet.  If you are creating the pushpins some other way, you will have to put the address text in the name field for each pushpin. 

Finally, the text 'name' for each stop can be individually edited using "rename" to alter the stop text, but this could be cumbersome if you have a lot of stops.

• Marked as answer by Marvin Hlavac Tuesday, April 24, 2012 4:10 PM
    Thursday, April 5, 2012 7:23 PM

All replies

• The default is to use only one "Name" field as you have discovered but a second name field can be included and that will appear in the Driving Directions for your Stops.

There are two possible "name" fields for pushpins and S&T will show them both in the name of the Stop in the Driving Directions, if selected.  Therefore, if you import the data from a spreadsheet using the Data Import Wizard and select "Name 2" as the Type from the drop-down list for the column containing the address data, then the text of the address will appear in the Driving Directions for each Stop.  This will include everything from the "Name" and "Name 2" columns which could possible include the telephone number if that was is the address column.

However, this all depends on your importing the pushpin data from a spreadsheet.  If you are creating the pushpins some other way, you will have to put the address text in the name field for each pushpin. 

Finally, the text 'name' for each stop can be individually edited using "rename" to alter the stop text, but this could be cumbersome if you have a lot of stops.

• Marked as answer by Marvin Hlavac Tuesday, April 24, 2012 4:10 PM
    Thursday, April 5, 2012 7:23 PM
  • This program comes with no support... only this forum. It should have a 800 information hotline! Or at least a email to direct questions or ideas to improve the software options.

Very discouraging if you want to use this program for sales territory lead generation mapping. It will not print the route planner that shows on the screen to the left of the actual map.

I am sure this is what you are trying to do, since I also have tried attempts at this. That is why your other reply says you need to do all these extra steps to turn this into a spreadsheet etc.

You did not buy this program to create extra work for you! You bought it to make your life easier!        Input info,Have program produce quickest travel, Print!

Hopefully this company reads this forum and will create a solution.

I feel like I was cheated when I bought the software and tried using it. Now I am starting to think the FREE GOOGLE MAPS is better Deal?? And more customer friendly!

Even for a family trip with a lot of stops wants to know what each stop is and not have to take a bunch of extra steps to make spreadsheets.

Why can't it just print the name/address of each stop separate of all the directions so you have a short list. It is able to do it on the screen in the route planner your building!

That way you can decide to input them separately in your GPS Device or Phone as you travel regardless if it is a Android/Apple/or Windows Device .

Instead it forces you to print 100's of pages of turn by turn directions you do not need.  

Monday, April 16, 2012 5:57 PM
  • I agree that it would be a useful option to be able to print the names and addresses straight away from a route without the driving directions.
    Monday, April 16, 2012 6:20 PM
  • I've been fighting with the same thing.  Can't find a solution in the program itself, but the best 'work around' I've found is to take a screen shot (essential just a picture of the current screen view) and print that.  Like I said, not a solution, but it'll get you a printed version of what you see on your screen - the map with numbers, and the list with corresponding numbers AND addresses. 

To take a screen shot, use the 'snipping tool' found in the 'accessories' menu - do a simple web search for detailed directions, there are dozens of articles/wikis

Friday, May 10, 2013 4:40 AM