What is the process of getting certified? RRS feed

• Question

• My name is Hector and I would like for someone to provide me with advice or direction on getting Microsoft certified. There are so many exams that I don't know where to start. There is XP, Vista, and also heard they are releasing Windows 7. So where do I begin? I don't have no microsoft certifications just a PC Support Diploma from college.

Thank You Kindly
    Thursday, October 30, 2008 2:45 PM

Answers

• Quoting Stephen R. Covey, "begin with the end in mind."

What is your motivation to get certified? To learn? Improve your craft? Or to advance your career? Whatever your reasons are, getting certified on the technology you are focused on is a good career move. This should add credence to your skills in your field in the eyes of your peers and colleagues. Start with the technology you are most familiar with; in your case, you might want to set your goal at achieving the MCDST or MCITP:Enterprise Support Technician certification.

Do not be fazed with the ever changing versions of the systems you are working on. As long as you "sharpen the saw," you will not feel threatened or alarmed; learning is a journey, not a destination.

Regards,

Salvador Manaois III
    MCSE MCSA CEH MCITP | Enterprise/Server Admin
    Bytes & Badz : http://badzmanaois.blogspot.com

Thursday, October 30, 2008 3:03 PM

All replies

• Quoting Stephen R. Covey, "begin with the end in mind."

What is your motivation to get certified? To learn? Improve your craft? Or to advance your career? Whatever your reasons are, getting certified on the technology you are focused on is a good career move. This should add credence to your skills in your field in the eyes of your peers and colleagues. Start with the technology you are most familiar with; in your case, you might want to set your goal at achieving the MCDST or MCITP:Enterprise Support Technician certification.

Do not be fazed with the ever changing versions of the systems you are working on. As long as you "sharpen the saw," you will not feel threatened or alarmed; learning is a journey, not a destination.

Regards,

Salvador Manaois III
    MCSE MCSA CEH MCITP | Enterprise/Server Admin
    Bytes & Badz : http://badzmanaois.blogspot.com

Thursday, October 30, 2008 3:03 PM
  • Thanks for your time.
    I will begin my journey to help out others that are in the same positions as myself.

HEC DA TECH-BETA...LOL
    Thursday, October 30, 2008 3:21 PM