Notes and File Attach - how to disable or remove file button. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have a document repository linked to our CRM applications where all documentation must be stored.  The MS Notes component has the ability to attach a file which is something that is not allowed.  Short of trying to modify notesv2annotation (MS supplied js), is there an option or value I can set that will disable this behaviour?  Is there a Security Role I can use to not allow the saving of files?

Thanks,

Ian

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 1:00 PM

All replies

• You can only remove write access from notes and it will restic the user to upload file. However this restiction might increase the problem because users will not be able to eidt notes. Therefore hiding button would be more appropriate.

Another option would be in System Setting you can set block file extension as attachments. Add all possible extension type which a user can add to Notes and it will not allow the user upload attachment.

Regards Faisal

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 4:01 PM
  • I fully agree with you that hiding the button is the best solution.  How would you suggest I go about doing that?  Is it better to find the MS base js file and edit it or is it better to attempt to write a js function during "on load" to find and hide the component?  Is there an "approved" way of doing this or do I have to do something that will cause me pain each time MS release a patch?

Thanks for your insight,

Ian

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 1:21 PM
  • You can either do it Base.js file or you can export the customization and make changes there however both are unsupported and if you make these changes then Microsoft will not provide support to your CRM. Therefore try to look for another solution

Regards Faisal

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 1:43 PM