none
Crystal Report strange papersize behavior under localized OS version RRS feed

• Question

• Last Year (august 2016) Microsoft fixed a bug wich has been annoying Canadian French custommer for over 10 years.

They Finally set up the proper region (1) for Canadien French instead of (2) Europe.  Although this is great, They still didn't seem to have fix all issue about it.  Going to Microsoft Web Page for example always revert to Fr-Fr instead of Ca-Fr everytime we click on a link, no matter if we pre-selected ca-fr on the page bottom.

I recognize French Canadian is a difficult regional setting, we use french as language but also use most of time Americain unit wich might be the cause of what seem to be a bug (explained below)

I however applaude Microsoft to (now vs2017.5) givins us the choice of Metric/Americain mesurment directly inside Vs2017 report instead of having to change the OS (Win10) regional setting. This was a good move. (because French Canadien use Americain paper size in inch and not in cm like European do)

Crystall report under Visual Studio 2017 seem to have an undesired behavior... at least, it seem strange to me.
    could this be a bug related to the special requirement for Canadien French (perhaps)?

how to reproduce the behavior:

on a Win 1709 Canadian French install  with Visual Studio Community 2017 French

1. install  ReportViewerControl.Winforms -Version 140.1000.523

2. Create a report, go in Report Property, change Unit to Inch (regional setting of Canadian French are in Metric per default)

3. Change to Landscape

4. Select Paper Size Us Legal wich is normally 8.5x14 in, click OK

5. go on your report, check the rule and the Width still stop at 11inch.  You need to go to report and manually change size of the report size,

So... here my question.

when changing the Report Layout size to 8.5x14 (of since we're in Landscape to 14x8.5in)

wouldn't the paper size of the report also change to the same size instead of having to manually change the property of each section to the proper size ??

the current behavior seem erractic to me.

Did I miss something or maybe I don't understand something, plz correct me if I'm wrong.

Friday, December 8, 2017 3:49 PM

All replies

• Hi friend,

Thank you for your feedback and sorry for any inconveniences.

Refer to your description, your issue is about Crystal report development. Since our forum is to discuss the VS IDE, per  the announcements in this forum, for Crystal Reports issue, please redirect to this forum  http://forums.sdn.sap.com/forum.jspa?forumID=313 to seek for a more professional support, thanks for your understanding.

If you have any other issues about the VS IDE in the future, please feel free to let us know.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, December 11, 2017 6:26 AM