Windows Home Server - The Next Version RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone recieved information regarding what will be in the "Next Version" of WHS?  What will cost?  Can you upgrade or will it require a new install?  Will there be both 32 and 64-bit versions?

TIA
    Stan
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 3:25 PM

Answers

• The only information Microsoft has released to the public is that there will be a "V-Next" of Windows Home Server. Microsoft hasn't released any details. Someone at ZDNet has leaked some additional information; I'm not able to speak to the accuracy of what she says, however.

For up-to-date official info, you might want to read the Windows Home Server team blog on Technet.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 3:35 PM

All replies

• The only information Microsoft has released to the public is that there will be a "V-Next" of Windows Home Server. Microsoft hasn't released any details. Someone at ZDNet has leaked some additional information; I'm not able to speak to the accuracy of what she says, however.

For up-to-date official info, you might want to read the Windows Home Server team blog on Technet.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 3:35 PM
  • Has anyone recieved information regarding what will be in the "Next Version" of WHS?  What will cost?  Can you upgrade or will it require a new install?  Will there be both 32 and 64-bit versions?

TIA
    Stan

TechRadar posted this a few months ago (just after CES 2009):

Next-gen Home Server based around Windows 7

I haven't seen or heard anything else in the press since then.
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 1:31 AM
  • I expect the next version be a 64-bit only release,  but this is just a guess!
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 2:40 PM