Windows Server 2008 R2 PowerShell Issue RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello to all, 

we have a big problem on our production servers Windows Server 2008 R2. Last week we upgraded PowerShell on all Windows Server 2008 R2 Production Servers from 3.0 to 5.1 PowerShell version. 

Now we have issues. 

On 4 Servers we cannot update PowerShell at all. We have an error message that update cannot be installed. I tried everything I can to resolve this issue but it was unsuccessful. We cannot update PowerShell version on our Servers. 

Do you have idea what is wrong here and how we can resolve this problems ?

Thank you in advance. 

• Changed type Bill_Stewart Monday, July 30, 2018 1:47 PM
    • Moved by Bill_Stewart Monday, July 30, 2018 1:47 PM This is not break/fix forum
    Tuesday, June 12, 2018 8:03 AM

All replies

• First there is not enough information to help you.  Second this is not a server repair forum.

Download the release notes and installation notes and follow all instructions and check all pre-requisite.  If you continue to have issue open an incident with MS support.

\_(ツ)_/

Tuesday, June 12, 2018 8:10 AM
  • This is really serious issues, because we wanted to update PowerShell on all Servers. Now we have 4 servers that cannot be updated. The question is simple, I want information if someone has the same issue and how to resolve it. I can add screenshots ? 
    Tuesday, June 12, 2018 8:21 AM
  • Post any complete errors.   This is not an MS support forum.  It is for admin scripting issues and not for assistance with installing software.

\_(ツ)_/

Tuesday, June 12, 2018 8:32 AM
  • Unfortunately this isn't an end-user break/fix forum. This forum is for scripting (programming) questions.

You'll need to search for a more appropriate forum to ask your question.

-- Bill Stewart [Bill_Stewart]

Tuesday, June 12, 2018 2:18 PM