how do i change my winxp key? RRS feed

• Question

• I just purchased the MGA kit and i called microsoft support and got my new key. however, i still haven't received my email with the link to convert it. Support said it was already sent but i haven't received it. I don't have email filters for spam. My email server is through bellsouth. i checked the online bellsouth email and it's not in the spam folder either. so, my question is can I change the key manually or could someone give me the link to convert to my new key.

Thanks

steve

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 5:41 PM

Answers

• steve:

I'm sorry, but we can't currently display that link, as the tool is only currently designed for WGA Kit users (not saying you aren't, but it may cause more issues if other users use it improperly). We're trying to prevent as many issues as possible. I hope you understand.

The support team should be able to send you the tool by email (have them re-send it). I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused, but I hope you understand our position (mis-use of tools that may cause more problems).

We're developing a new tool that can be used by all users (not WGA Kit specific) that should be availible soon.

For now, I recommend doing a "repair install" or reinstalling your copy of Windows using the genuine Product Key you have purchased.

I hope this helps,

-Phil Liu

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 6:15 PM

All replies

• steve:

I'm sorry, but we can't currently display that link, as the tool is only currently designed for WGA Kit users (not saying you aren't, but it may cause more issues if other users use it improperly). We're trying to prevent as many issues as possible. I hope you understand.

The support team should be able to send you the tool by email (have them re-send it). I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused, but I hope you understand our position (mis-use of tools that may cause more problems).

We're developing a new tool that can be used by all users (not WGA Kit specific) that should be availible soon.

For now, I recommend doing a "repair install" or reinstalling your copy of Windows using the genuine Product Key you have purchased.

I hope this helps,

-Phil Liu

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 6:15 PM
  • They resent me the key and link. worked fine
    Tuesday, May 16, 2006 6:17 PM
  • I'm glad it worked out!

-Phil Liu

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 6:19 PM