none
is my new laptop new or used RRS feed

• Question

• Replylorryvr on Sunday, March 15, 2009 8:56:41 PM
    my 22 days old laptop had lime wire, yahoo toolbar, and a variety of internet games already installed on it. My documentations stated windows Vista would already be installed .it also stated it came with included software [microsoft works, photosmart, muvee producer, and more.] all these and more were already installed on my laptop I even had lightscribemedia  installed and my documentation said it was required and sold separately. my event viewer has error and warning messages logged in it dating back a year before I bought it. as of today it has 489 operational events reported. my laptop is slow and Quits responding, and shuts down. my hard disk was supose to be 250 GB and as of today it shows I have 146 GB free. I took my laptop back to best buy to get the geeks explaination and to return it. I was told my laptop was not used  and that everything I have installed was installed by the factory. and that he has windows vista on his laptop and he has the same problems. Its just vista and that next year they should have another OS out. I was told [with a smile on his face] that I had 14 days from the day I received my laptop to return it. I received my laptop as a gift from my husband. He bought it on line for me right before he was deployed to IRAQ. I had not received anything that stated I had only 14 days in which I could return my laptop. I figured 30 days was the norm so I didn't rush to return it. So am I stuck with a $800.00 laptop that just has a ----- OS. or was my laptop used and the Geek was taking advantage of me since I told him I didn't know a thing about computers. I can read and I  figured out how to check out my computer and I am convinced it has been used what do you think?
    Wednesday, March 18, 2009 9:16 AM

All replies

• Reply lorryvr on Sunday, March 15, 2009 8:56:41 PM
    my 22 days old laptop had lime wire, yahoo toolbar, and a variety of internet games already installed on it. My documentations stated windows Vista would already be installed .it also stated it came with included software [microsoft works, photosmart, muvee producer, and more.] all these and more were already installed on my laptop I even had lightscribemedia  installed and my documentation said it was required and sold separately. my event viewer has error and warning messages logged in it dating back a year before I bought it. as of today it has 489 operational events reported. my laptop is slow and Quits responding, and shuts down. my hard disk was supose to be 250 GB and as of today it shows I have 146 GB free. I took my laptop back to best buy to get the geeks explaination and to return it. I was told my laptop was not used  and that everything I have installed was installed by the factory. and that he has windows vista on his laptop and he has the same problems. Its just vista and that next year they should have another OS out. I was told [with a smile on his face] that I had 14 days from the day I received my laptop to return it. I received my laptop as a gift from my husband. He bought it on line for me right before he was deployed to IRAQ. I had not received anything that stated I had only 14 days in which I could return my laptop. I figured 30 days was the norm so I didn't rush to return it. So am I stuck with a $800.00 laptop that just has a ----- OS. or was my laptop used and the Geek was taking advantage of me since I told him I didn't know a thing about computers. I can read and I  figured out how to check out my computer and I am convinced it has been used what do you think?

It definitely sounds like the laptop is used. First of all, since WHEN does limewire come installed on any legit brand new computer? I would think that would eventually be a lawsuit LOL. Also, you mean to tell me that a brand new PC comes with 100GB of data already on the hard drive? I THINK NOT. And the fact that it runs so slow already? I'm sorry, but it definitely sounds like you got ripped the heck off. Wish I had better news for you :(
    Friday, May 29, 2009 5:12 AM