Cannot send pictures being blocked by Live One RRS feed

• Question

• I recently used the trial Live One program... I intend to enroll but my temporary financial situation is delaying me. In the meantime Live One seems to be maintaining my system ..I'm greatfull. But I've had several issues with navigating thru the firewall. Presently I'have tried several different means of sending some common photo's to a very reliable user. And can not achieve this goal... Please help..Very important interaction with Gibson USA... musical instruments. How can I over come this blockage.. Thanks in advance
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 6:17 PM

Answers

• If you can send and receive e-mail the One Care firewall should not be causing this issue. This could be caused by the presence of other security software on your system or it could be that the recipient's e-mail policy prohibits certain types of e-mail attachments. If you turn off the firewall are you able to send the photos?
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 9:43 PM

All replies

• If you can send and receive e-mail the One Care firewall should not be causing this issue. This could be caused by the presence of other security software on your system or it could be that the recipient's e-mail policy prohibits certain types of e-mail attachments. If you turn off the firewall are you able to send the photos?
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 9:43 PM
  • I'll second Jim's reply. I've marked it as the answer for the thread because it is very unlikely that OneCare is causing the problem. It sounds like you are able to send and receive email, but your problem is specific to sending pictures attached to email or sending pictures through some other means. How are you trying to send the pictures? Are you attaching to an email message or are you using some sort of upload tool for pictures provided by the receiver's web site or some other method?
    steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Friday, April 10, 2009 11:58 AM