windows product key issue RRS feed

• Question

• Here's the issue:  I purchased a new HP laptop  for nearly two (2) years now , with Windows Vista Home Premium pre-installed. but yesterday, I am prompted to give product key for activating windows.  The one I type in is on the back of my laptop, with a side notation of "Proof of License Certificate of Authenticity MICROSOFT".  However, the product key doesn't seem to work as I keep receiving an error message indicating "The key is incorrect.

pls, how do i solve this. and why i am asked for  produck key now. whereas, i used the computer yesterday

Sunday, August 8, 2010 6:07 AM

Answers

• "ogunkua" wrote in message news:34799b1b-6625-4a53-a3fa-393c3efa6a70...

Here's the issue:  I purchased a new HP laptop  for nearly two (2) years now , with Windows Vista Home Premium pre-installed. but yesterday, I am prompted to give product key for activating windows.  The one I type in is on the back of my laptop, with a side notation of "Proof of License Certificate of Authenticity MICROSOFT".  However, the product key doesn't seem to work as I keep receiving an error message indicating "The key is incorrect.

pls, how do i solve this. and why i am asked for  produck key now. whereas, i used the computer yesterday

Pleas repost this in the Windows Vista Genuine forum - after reading the Announcements and Stickies there.
    Include a copy of your MGADiag report

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, August 11, 2010 8:35 PM
    Sunday, August 8, 2010 8:44 AM