Server wont update from client RRS feed

• Question

• I have went through the examples and set up a client to server sync.  I can get the server to update the client but I can not get the client to update the server.  Is there anything that has to be set up on the server side? 

Thanks,

Bryan

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 5:56 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Wednesday, September 3, 2008 4:06 PM

All replies

• This is the same problem that I had.  Go to this post http://forums.microsoft.com/sync/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3703514&SiteID=75

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 4:47 PM
  • Wednesday, September 3, 2008 4:52 PM
  • I am having trouble getting the example to connect to my remote server(actually on the same network but different machine).  Has anyone been able to connect to a remote instance of sql server running sql 2008?

Thanks,

Bryan

Thursday, September 4, 2008 4:18 PM
  • In my orgianal post I was refering to the compact database example using the local cache.  But I since tried the express edition example as well with little luck.  As from my orgianl post I can not get the client to update the server and is it possible to update the local cache.  When I try to see the data in the local table I get an error like there is no data there.

Thanks,

Bryan

Thursday, September 4, 2008 6:40 PM
  • Can you run a profiler on the server/express client to see if any enumeartion/insert commands are being run? Check to see whether the client is enumerating any changes or not. Also ensure you have correct SyncDirection set on the SyncTable (i.e SyncDirection.BiDirectional)

Thursday, September 4, 2008 8:28 PM