One Care Firewall and Print Server RRS feed

• Question

• I have a HP wireless G print server and the only way to connect to my print server on my home wireless network, is to disable my One Care firewall. My only option seems to be to not use One Care? I really do like One Care and don't want to leave!

Is there a way??

Greg
    Thursday, March 19, 2009 10:25 PM

Answers

• There are a number of threads in the forum for varioius print servers and the settings needed to allow them to be accessed through the OneCare firewall. I don't recall any for an HP Print Server, though.
    Check your documentation for the device to see what ports or protocols may need to be allowed for it to work. If the device requires PCs in your network to install software to use it, that software may need to be allowed in the firewall.
    If you are unable to determine what is needed to allow it to work, contact OneCare support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Friday, March 20, 2009 1:50 PM

All replies

• There are a number of threads in the forum for varioius print servers and the settings needed to allow them to be accessed through the OneCare firewall. I don't recall any for an HP Print Server, though.
    Check your documentation for the device to see what ports or protocols may need to be allowed for it to work. If the device requires PCs in your network to install software to use it, that software may need to be allowed in the firewall.
    If you are unable to determine what is needed to allow it to work, contact OneCare support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Friday, March 20, 2009 1:50 PM
  • Hey Greg - did you ever figure out this problem? I am having the same issue and I keep going back and forth with Onecare (it takes days to get a response and its very irritating). I can print only when I turn my firewall off. NOT FUN!!! I have the HP G print server, connected to my pc via a wireless router Linksys. Thank you for any help you may be able to give.
    Monday, July 6, 2009 7:39 PM