Need help with external access to Sharepoint RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

Ok first the setup:

At my small company we have 1 server which acts as DC, DNS, DHCP and AD. It is SBS 2008 which comes with sharepoint 2007 preinstalled. We have one external IP address and I have set our dlink firewall to reroute the external ip http://80.78.xx.xx to the server 192.168.1.2

I ahve configured a default sharepoint website which uses the AD users for access. And when I sit on the office on both a domain connected or a non domain connected pc, I can access the website using the external ip 80.78, I get prompted with a login window and just enter the same user as I use to login at the clients.

BUT, when I launch an internet explorer window on the server itself, I cant access the sharepoint, it wont accept the credentials, same if I use my home PC.

What is wrong here and how can I fix it. I need all my domain users to access sharepoint both from intranet and internet.

kind regards
    Henrik
    Henrik
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, February 26, 2010 12:43 PM SBS 2008 questions are not covered in the SharePoint forums. See the sticky post in SharePoint - General for where to post them to (the sbs newsgroup at microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)) (From:SharePoint - Setup, Upgrade, Administration and Operation (
    Friday, February 26, 2010 11:57 AM

Answers