EVENT VIEWER SHOWING ERROR CODE IN ONE CARE RRS feed

• Question

• WHEN  I GO TO EVENT VIEWER THEN GO TO ONECARE IT KEEPS SHOWING ERROR MESSAGE AS FOLLOWS (

Failed executing wireless security check process. Error Code = 0x8a190106. 

DOES ANYONE NO WHAT THIS MEANS?  AS THE WHOLE PAGE IS AWASH WITH THIS CODE. REGARDS BUG BETA.       BY THE WAY IM TRIALING 2.0 BETA  NEVER HAPPENED IN PREVIOUS VERSIONS.
    Wednesday, July 18, 2007 8:58 PM

Answers

• Hi I am the Microsoft PM for the WiFi feature.

Thank you for providing this feedback.

This is a known issue, and is due to performance around the wifi diagnostics.

It would be great if you could file a bug into connect with the attached support logs generated by running OneCareSupport.exe from within the OneCare program files folder.

Also, can you provide some details on your setup?

1.     What router vendor/model/firmware as you using

2.     Do you have security on? What is the encryption type?

3.     Are you connected via wired or wireless?

Thanks again,

Oded

Thursday, July 19, 2007 6:28 PM

All replies

• I moved this into the beta General folder. I suspect it may be an issue with your wireless network settings and the new Secure WiFi feature.

-steve

Thursday, July 19, 2007 1:31 AM
  • HI STEPHEN SHOULD HAVE SAID I HAVE A BT HOME HUB AND A WIRED WIRELESS CONNECTION, MY DAUGHTER ACESSES THE WIRELESS CONECTION FOR HER LAPTOP THRU MY COMP AND GETS ISSUED WITH A KEY EVERYTIME SHE LOGS ON. MY ONLY CONCERN WAS THIS ERROR CODE NEVER SHOWED UP IN MY PREVIOUS ONECARE . JUST WANTED KNOW IF IT WAS ANYTHING TO WORRY ABOUT SECURITY WISE? REGARDS MICK
    Thursday, July 19, 2007 6:24 PM
  • Hi I am the Microsoft PM for the WiFi feature.

Thank you for providing this feedback.

This is a known issue, and is due to performance around the wifi diagnostics.

It would be great if you could file a bug into connect with the attached support logs generated by running OneCareSupport.exe from within the OneCare program files folder.

Also, can you provide some details on your setup?

1.     What router vendor/model/firmware as you using

2.     Do you have security on? What is the encryption type?

3.     Are you connected via wired or wireless?

Thanks again,

Oded

Thursday, July 19, 2007 6:28 PM
  • THANKS ODED FOR THE REPLY COULD YOU E-MAIL ME WITH A STEP BY STEP HOW TO SEND INFORMATION TO YOU.  E-MAIL: iloveengland6666@hotmail.co.uk REGARDS MICK.
    Thursday, July 19, 2007 7:08 PM
  • Hello Mick -

Steps to generate support data below

1. Open Windows Explorer and locate the following folder if Windows is installed on the C drive:
    2. Double click the file named OneCareSupport or OneCareSupport.exe. It will begin to collect the information.
    3. When it finishes collecting the information, note the path shown and name of the information file. (Generally, it is C:\OneCareSupportData.zip)
    4. Send the OneCareSupportData.zip file attached to an email message addressed to sboots@mvps.org and please include "OneCare" in the subject line and a link to this thread (http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1881113&SiteID=2) in the body of the message and I will forward it to Microsoft.

Or, instead of emailing the log to me, you can file a bug on Connect.

http://connect.microsoft.com/site/sitehome.aspx?SiteID=168 is the URL for the OneCare beta.

This is from that page on how to submit bugs:

How can I provide feedback or file bugs?
    You can view comments using the Feedback link on the left.  If you do not see the Submit Feedback button, sign in with your Windows Live ID and register if prompted.   To expedite processing we ask that all feedback be submitted in English.  Please see
    Bug Submission Guide for more information.

-steve

Friday, July 20, 2007 12:18 AM
  • steve tried what you said but it wont let me extract the information, tried to unblock it but no joy tried to open the file but all that  happens is internet explorer keeps switching on and off very fast, then the only way to turn computer off is by the mains switch. Any thoughts on this and how to rectify it, this only  happens when i try to open support logs, i remember sending support logs to a onecare help advisor last week via e-mail it probably wasnt decoded, so there we are cant access the files requested, could they be corrupted? so if you can shed any light on this it would be much appreciated. thanks mick
    Friday, July 20, 2007 4:52 PM
  • That doesn't sound good at all! What do you mean by "tried to unblock it?" And IE switches on and off when you are trying to execute the onecaresupport.exe file? If you sent the support logs to the Help Desk, do you have a copy in your Sent Items in email that you could forward to me or was that before you installed the 2.0 beta?

-steve

Friday, July 20, 2007 6:26 PM
  • hi steve thanks for your quick reply, when i tried to extract the files you requested a dialogue box appears and says (windows has blocked access  to these files to protect your computer) so i tried to open them and thats when IE opens and closes very fast, you can do nothing to stop it apart from turning the computer off by the mains. All you  see of IE is a blank page with internet explorer  on the top of the page didnt keep the mail i sent, it was a zipped file of onecare 2.0 beta log files. as for the unblocking i was thinking of something else, just tried again but same thing happening it only happens trying to access these files . hope you can shed some light on this? i can live with it as it is not affecting anything else I THINK. cheers Mick   ps have the case number if that helps Case ID: SRX1038796246‎
    Friday, July 20, 2007 6:51 PM
  • Check your C:\ drive for OneCareSupportData.zip - if it is there, create a new email message and attach that file to it. There is no need to open the files. IE should not be opening when you click on the exe file listed in the instructions - something else appears to be wrong if it does.

Thanks for case ID - that may still help track down the files you already submitted. I don't have access to the support system, but I suspect someone from the OneCare team should be able to get to it.

-steve

Saturday, July 21, 2007 2:01 AM
  • hi steve tried what you said no joy typed in C:\ drive for OneCareSupportData.zip press ok and bang straight into screen flashing IE, even when i go to task manager it wont let me end process, so i have done a re-install of onecare no luck same thing. I think it all stems from the e-mail i sent with the logs attached wasnt decoded? i can open anything else but that zipped file , i ve done a disk check all ok, a full system scan ok, event viewer showing nothing im at a loss, perhaps you could source some info from your friends at onecare? thanks mick.
    Saturday, July 21, 2007 7:54 AM
  • I'm really not clear what you are typing in or why. Open Windows Explorer and browse the folders and files. You shouldn't be typing anything in.

-steve

Monday, July 23, 2007 1:43 AM
  • steve typed in the run box to search for file same difference, but did what you said with windows explorer same thing click extract wont let me, click open, IE starts flashing on and off. I did a test and downloaded a file from a-adware spyware , saved it to my desktop went to open it bang IE starts flashing so dont no why its doing that, but i do remember initally when i tried to open the onecare logs and it wouldnt let me iasked IE To open it and thats when it all started. hope that sheds little light on the subject. Bottom line is my comp will not let me open extract  or open zipped files without  IE flasing on and off very fast have no control over it , like i said mains switch has to be turned off. thanks mick
    Monday, July 23, 2007 8:39 AM
  • It sounds like zip files have somehow gotten associated with IE, which isn't right. Download a trial version of Winzip for free - http://www.winzip.com/ovwc17/winzip.htm

On the other had, you do not need to *open* the zip file, you need to attach it to an email.

-steve

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 12:12 AM
  • Mick - as a follow-up, your logs were received and forwarded. Thanks.

-steve

Sunday, July 29, 2007 1:20 PM