none
Unable to delete roslyn files in Visual Studio Enterprise 2015 and 2017 RRS feed

• Question

• I am developing a web project in C#,

• After running the program.
    • There are files that remains in the Roslyn directory. 

These files that remains in the directory gives me error on the next time I run the project.

• How can I make sure that this files are deleted so I can run the project without any problems?

Reinaldo

Monday, July 3, 2017 4:38 PM

All replies

• Hi Reinaldo,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to your description, your issue is about the ASP.NET Web application development. Since our forum is to discuss the VS IDE, please redirect to this appropriate forum: https://forums.asp.net/ to seek for a more professional support, thank you for your understanding.

Meanwhile, I tried to search this issue and test it on my side, create a new web application and right click the project name and choose ‘Manage Nuget Packages…’. Manually uninstall the two nuget packages: "Microsoft.CodeDom.Providers.DotNetCompilerPlatform" and "Microsoft.Net.Compilers", then publish it, it will not create the folder ‘roslyn’, please check this similar issue: Publish website without roslyn

If it is not the expected result that you want, please redirect to the above suitable forum that I mentioned, you will get a better support from there, have a nice day J

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, July 4, 2017 2:23 AM