WHS11 Alert Viewer Fails When Launchpad Opens RRS feed

• Question

• Hello:

I'm making progress.  At least now when I boot my Lenovo Laptop Windows 10 with Windows Home Server 2011, the launchpad successfully opens.  About 20 seconds after it opens, the Alert Viewer always fails with this message:

"Alert Viewer Error"
    Alert Notices are not available in the Alert Viewer due to an error, or incomplete action, or a service has stopped working....

I tried the suggestions from several articles, including checking to make sure my task scheduler worked.  I applied all updates to both Windows 10 and WHS 2011.

Any ideas?  If I can't fix it, I would like to know how to disable the alert viewer from the startup.

Thanks,

Rich Locus, Logicwurks, LLC

http://www.logicwurks.com

Thursday, January 21, 2016 10:01 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Try to restart the divide without any 3rd party process(clean boot if possible) to avoid third party interference, also, related services may also been restarted during these process, then, check the result.

If the problem persists, any change before this problem happened?

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by RichLocus Tuesday, January 26, 2016 5:36 PM
    Friday, January 22, 2016 6:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Try to restart the divide without any 3rd party process(clean boot if possible) to avoid third party interference, also, related services may also been restarted during these process, then, check the result.

If the problem persists, any change before this problem happened?

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by RichLocus Tuesday, January 26, 2016 5:36 PM
    Friday, January 22, 2016 6:38 AM
  • Thanks Eve:

I will give that a try.

Regards,

Friday, January 22, 2016 5:48 PM
  • Hi,

Is there any update about this problem?

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 5:26 AM
  • Eve:

Strange problem.  I tried eliminating first the top half, then the bottom half.

The WHS alert viewer worked just fine until I upgrade the machine from Windows 7 to Windows 10.  At that point, the Alert viewer started crashing.  It must be an obscure bug, because I can't locate it using any of the techniques that were suggested or any other processes I found on the Web.

I will just ignore the error.  Other than a quick error message, the WHS platform, including the Launchpad, works fine.  I'm closing the problem.

Thanks!!!

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 5:36 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to let me know the result. 

If you have any more concerns/questions, please don’t be hesitate to post on Microsoft TechNet forum.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 2:07 AM