CRM 4 Import Organization Log Entries RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Can anyone tell me what these log entries actually mean please?

11:34:16|Verbose| Update Active Directory properties for entry {0}| LDAP://BTL-DC01.BTL.com/<GUID=602bb04b-7dbd-4a9c-8e52-b706ecdacff4>

11:34:16|Verbose| Populate with user

11:34:16|Verbose| Updating membership

11:34:16|Verbose| Old account {0}| BTL\otest

11:34:16|Verbose| Adding new account {0}| BTL\otest

11:34:16|Verbose| Found dn {0}| CN=Opportunities Test,OU=DISABLED ACCOUNTS,OU=BTL,DC=BTL,DC=com

11:34:16|Verbose| Update completed

19:46:43|Verbose| Update Active Directory properties for entry {0}| LDAP://BTL-DC01.BTL.com/<GUID=6d78d387-38cf-448a-8e10-e2972e51e4d4>

19:46:43|Verbose| Populate with user

19:46:43|Verbose| Updating membership

19:46:43|Verbose| Old account {0}| BTL\jbloggs

19:46:43|Verbose| Adding new account {0}| BTL\jbloggs

19:46:43|Verbose| Found dn {0}| CN=Joe Bloggs,OU=BTL USERS,OU=BTL,DC=BTL,DC=com

19:46:43|Verbose| Update completed

Import organization appears to have been successful but it took a very long time to process the users.

We are wondering why!

Monday, November 21, 2011 2:21 PM

Answers

• This is just part of the log from the user mapping process.  It looks like maybe it had to do some updating, but there is no errors posted in these log snippets.

Essentially what is going on is that the users entries in CRM need to be updated to the mapped users.  In this case it is simply updating the user based on a lookup to the domain controller based on domain\user.

Jamie Miley
    Check out my about.me profile!
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    Monday, November 21, 2011 2:56 PM
  • To answer your question as to why it took so long...

In CRM 4, the mapping process goes through every GC in the forest to find each user. This can potentially take a very long time if you have a complex forest. There have been some improvements for CRM 4 since RTM. Please take a look at this support page, it should help you. Keep in mind that if you are importing in the same domain, consider using the "Keep Existing Mapping" option. You can always manually map some users if you need to.

In CRM 2011, these optimizations (and many more) have been integrated and we've seen much better results.

Thanks,

Matios

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 5:59 PM

All replies

• This is just part of the log from the user mapping process.  It looks like maybe it had to do some updating, but there is no errors posted in these log snippets.

Essentially what is going on is that the users entries in CRM need to be updated to the mapped users.  In this case it is simply updating the user based on a lookup to the domain controller based on domain\user.

Jamie Miley
    Check out my about.me profile!
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    Monday, November 21, 2011 2:56 PM
  • To answer your question as to why it took so long...

In CRM 4, the mapping process goes through every GC in the forest to find each user. This can potentially take a very long time if you have a complex forest. There have been some improvements for CRM 4 since RTM. Please take a look at this support page, it should help you. Keep in mind that if you are importing in the same domain, consider using the "Keep Existing Mapping" option. You can always manually map some users if you need to.

In CRM 2011, these optimizations (and many more) have been integrated and we've seen much better results.

Thanks,

Matios

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 5:59 PM