Trying to install srs data connector on report server separate from sql server RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed CRM 2011 on an app server.  We are using SQL 2012 in a clustered environment and a separate server for Reporting services.  I am trying to install the SRS Data Connector on the reporting server but have had no success.  

On the first UI screen it asks for the SQL server name, which I enter with the \instance name included.  The next screen only allows the option MSSQLSERVER which is okay because that is the instance used by SSRS on the reporting server.  

However when it does the environment checks it fails with "Unable to validate SQL Server Reporting Services Report Server installation. Please check that it is correctly installed on the local machine."

Reporting Services is installed and working properly with other applications.

Monday, November 25, 2013 3:25 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What version of SSRS Data connector you have?

Download latest SRS Data Connector installation files and try again..

HTH!

Thanks!

Monday, November 25, 2013 4:09 PM
  • Three questions:

1. On the first UI screen, are you entering the SQL server where CRM is installed (MSCRM_CONFIG)?
    2. Where did you get your CRM installation (EXE download, DVD, MSDN .iso, etc.)?
    3. Can you confirm that the SRS was installed as Native Mode?

Take a look at the reporting extensions installation requirements to see if there's anything missing there.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 5:39 PM