Windows 7 might not be genuine RRS feed

• Question

• I paid a retailer to install Windows 7 Ultimate on my computer 10 months ago. He said he buys key codes from Micrsoft and everything was completely legal. All of the sudden, when I boot-up my computer, I get a message box saying I might have counterfeit Windows on my computer. I called the guy that put this windows on my computer and he assures me my key code is still very valid. He said I might have picked up some kind of Malware and wants to charge me $100 to fix it. The code I get is 0xC004F200. Is it possibly Malware or is my version of Windows illegal?
    Monday, November 8, 2010 4:48 AM

Answers

• http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/genuinewindows7/thread/12e55dd0-545f-492e-934c-fb73da8eaf02

Please read the above sticky and submit a report in this thread.

Thanks

Carl

• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, November 11, 2010 7:24 PM
    Monday, November 8, 2010 5:07 AM
  • "mikoollowrentow" wrote in message news:3498ae8b-aa89-4c43-94bc-3bc6584dfa1a...
    I paid a retailer to install Windows 7 Ultimate on my computer 10 months ago. He said he buys key codes from Micrsoft and everything was completely legal. All of the sudden, when I boot-up my computer, I get a message box saying I might have counterfeit Windows on my computer. I called the guy that put this windows on my computer and he assures me my key code is still very valid. He said I might have picked up some kind of Malware and wants to charge me $100 to fix it. The code I get is 0xC004F200. Is it possibly Malware or is my version of Windows illegal?
    To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Monday, November 8, 2010 8:56 PM

All replies

• http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/genuinewindows7/thread/12e55dd0-545f-492e-934c-fb73da8eaf02

Please read the above sticky and submit a report in this thread.

Thanks

Carl

Monday, November 8, 2010 5:07 AM
  • "mikoollowrentow" wrote in message news:3498ae8b-aa89-4c43-94bc-3bc6584dfa1a...
    I paid a retailer to install Windows 7 Ultimate on my computer 10 months ago. He said he buys key codes from Micrsoft and everything was completely legal. All of the sudden, when I boot-up my computer, I get a message box saying I might have counterfeit Windows on my computer. I called the guy that put this windows on my computer and he assures me my key code is still very valid. He said I might have picked up some kind of Malware and wants to charge me $100 to fix it. The code I get is 0xC004F200. Is it possibly Malware or is my version of Windows illegal?
    To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Monday, November 8, 2010 8:56 PM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Thursday, November 11, 2010 7:24 PM