Resource assignments not showing up on PWA RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Even after the plan is published, the assignments are not showing up on the resource assignments whereas the same can be seen in capacity planning! this is the case for all the resources in that particular plan.

Very confused as what could be the problem.

Thanks,

Roopa

Wednesday, February 6, 2019 9:59 AM

Answers

• Hi,

my first thought: Assignment Owner is different from resource name. Please click on any task with this issue and check assignment owner field on tab "Resources" If names in columns one and two do not match,

1. use Task Usage view and add column "Assignment Owner to change the names
    2. open Resources from Resource Center to check "Default Assignment Owner". There may be a wrong name. Please note: changing Default Assignment Owner will not update existing assignments.

If my assumption is not correct, you can also check if tasks are set to unpublish (column Publish = No) or Lock = Yes (starting with Project 2016 available as column in client, with earlier versions only in Schedule view "Close Task for Update".

Regards
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by RoopaC Wednesday, February 6, 2019 1:39 PM
    Wednesday, February 6, 2019 1:22 PM

All replies

• Hi,

my first thought: Assignment Owner is different from resource name. Please click on any task with this issue and check assignment owner field on tab "Resources" If names in columns one and two do not match,

1. use Task Usage view and add column "Assignment Owner to change the names
    2. open Resources from Resource Center to check "Default Assignment Owner". There may be a wrong name. Please note: changing Default Assignment Owner will not update existing assignments.

If my assumption is not correct, you can also check if tasks are set to unpublish (column Publish = No) or Lock = Yes (starting with Project 2016 available as column in client, with earlier versions only in Schedule view "Close Task for Update".

Regards
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by RoopaC Wednesday, February 6, 2019 1:39 PM
    Wednesday, February 6, 2019 1:22 PM
  • Hi Barbara,

Second option worked out. Somehow the publish column was set to No. So after changing that back to Yes ad publishing, all the tasks appeared on the resource assignments view.

Thanks a lot!

Roopa

Wednesday, February 6, 2019 1:38 PM