none
IT Projects (not the software) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All, 

So im kinda having a bit of a mini IT breakdown, ive worked in IT for a number of years and love it, but i get very easily distracted, i think i need a nice interesting project to get my teeth into, ive been looking online for some sort of IT pro forum to chat with similar minded people, but in this cyberspace world we live there seems to be very few avenues to speak.

I was firstly wondering what people did or what sites they use to speak to other IT Pro's (Pref in the UK) and secondly i was after some IT pro's inspiration for project they are working on.

Thanks in advance guys for your support :D

P Bailey

Friday, November 10, 2017 12:35 PM

Answers

• I visit a number of sites to look around for side projects and get info but lately I've found myself going back to Spiceworks.  You can take a look at a number of projects that people in the community have posted.  You can search them based on your area of interest as well.  Some are more detailed than others but if you're looking for ideas there are plenty to be found.

There is a very active community base there as well where they discuss a lot of tech or tech adjacent related topics.  As for location they have people from all over the world you can connect with as well as vendors you can talk with about products as well.  In some areas people also do meetups with each other to network and get to know other professionals.  Worth a look.

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 3:38 PM

All replies

• I visit a number of sites to look around for side projects and get info but lately I've found myself going back to Spiceworks.  You can take a look at a number of projects that people in the community have posted.  You can search them based on your area of interest as well.  Some are more detailed than others but if you're looking for ideas there are plenty to be found.

There is a very active community base there as well where they discuss a lot of tech or tech adjacent related topics.  As for location they have people from all over the world you can connect with as well as vendors you can talk with about products as well.  In some areas people also do meetups with each other to network and get to know other professionals.  Worth a look.

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 3:38 PM
  • Many thanks ill take a look at that

P Bailey

Friday, November 17, 2017 7:41 PM