This configuration section cannot be used at this path. This happens when the section is locked at a parent level RRS feed

• Question

• I've installed a website on IIS. But when I access localhost:8080 in the browser I'm getting an error:

This configuration section cannot be used at this path. This happens when the section is locked at a parent level. Locking is either by default (overrideModeDefault="Deny"), or set explicitly by a location tag with overrideMode="Deny" or the legacy allowOverride="false".

Sunday, July 19, 2020 7:51 AM

All replies

• Hi there,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Refer to the error message, please refer to the similar issue and make sure that you enabled the feature “Application Development Features” but CGI in Windows Features, then, try again and check if the error persists.

BTW, since this issue is more related to IIS, our forum focuses on .NET Framework Setup and Servicing, you can also report it to Stack Overflow tagged iis for a more professional help. Thanks for your understanding.

Hope it helps.

Sincerely,

Anna

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, July 20, 2020 3:36 AM