none
How do I change the email address my account is linked to RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know how can change the email address my windows live account is linked to?

At my previous company I setup my account and completed serveral MS learning couses, etc. I have now left that company so I want to attach my account to a personal address (gmail). is this possible or does it have to be MS mail provider? plus how do I change the email address?

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 8:22 AM

Answers

All replies

• You can change your eMail address at the Microsoft Profile Center:

https://profile.microsoft.com/RegSysProfileCenter/infodefault.aspx

You will need to log-in with your current Windows Live Id. Once you are connected, you can then change the email account associated with your profile.

And yes, it can be any kind of personal address such as a gmail account.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 3:36 PM
  • I have updated the details on the link you provided but it has no effect on my account.

When I click login, it stills wants my old email address as my windows live login, I'm then logged in as sqlconsumer.net

Monday, July 19, 2010 9:46 PM
  • Why has this thread been marked as answered when it isn't?
    Tuesday, July 27, 2010 8:19 AM
  • Hi,

You're actually talking about two things here. One is the email that is used as your windows live login. This is mapped to your MCP id. I'm not sure whether or not you can change this. If so, it would have to be in the email you got when you first entered the MCP program. The other email, and that's the one Alberto is refering to, is the email that is used by Microsoft to contact you. And the latter can be any email address.

So I think you actually want to change the email address you use to login to with Windows Live. I'm not sure whether that is possible. But maybe it is wise to make a different thread in the forums where you state the question a bit more clear with respect to this problem.

Hope this helps
    Meile Zetstra

http://blogger.xs4all.nl/mzetstra

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 10:03 AM