none
Window 7 build 7600 windows is not geniue RRS feed

• Question

• I have received Windows 7 from DELL twice. Both times they wiped out the systme and reloaded it. 30 days later i get the error "not genuine". DELL wanted to charge me $200 to fix the problem, "I did not pay the fee". How do I get the problem fixed?  Is the program "remove WAT" a vaild fix? Do I need to buy a product key from MS?

Jim

James L Brennan
    Friday, April 15, 2011 7:41 AM

Answers

All replies

• In order to receive the best support, we request all users initially download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool (MGADiag.exe) at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Continue", click the "Copy" button then “Paste” the report into a reply message in this thread.
    Friday, April 15, 2011 8:09 AM
  • "jlbrennan" wrote in message news:34b75f3b-0cd8-43b3-b25d-22587d15d252...

I have received Windows 7 from DELL twice. Both times they wiped out the systme and reloaded it. 30 days later i get the error "not genuine". DELL wanted to charge me $200 to fix the problem, "I did not pay the fee". How do I get the problem fixed?  Is the program "remove WAT" a vaild fix? Do I need to buy a product key from MS?

Jim

James L Brennan

Is the program "remove WAT" a valid fix?
    NO - it's a piece of software that in your case will do nothing to help, and will still return a non-genuine message afterwards. It's also a hacker's tool with unpredictable side-effects.

Do I need to buy a product key from MS?
    NO - it's Dell's fault, as the machine is too old to support a Win7 OEM_SLP license - they should have sent you the appropriate disks, not the ones for the current model.

Again - for what Edition and Version of Windows is the machine licensed, according to the COA sticker on the case (or in the battery compartment)?

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Friday, April 15, 2011 8:12 AM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 10:17 PM