Computer Restarts itself, Overheated? RRS feed

• Question

• Ok so last night i stayed up all night playing with friends on World of Warcraft and probably had it running at his house for a solid 14 hours straight with no sign of a break like going to my desktop and chilling. And then today when I bring my comp home I'm browsing the internet looking for a new Background and out of nowhere my computer restarts itself, so i start it back up again and it does the same thing but within 2 minutes of rebooting and logging in, so i thought ok I'm gonna open the case and let it air out cause its been on for 14 hours, so i aired it out for a good 4 hours, but now its working fine, BUT my question is... Was it from overheating for being on so long or is it something else?
    Monday, August 2, 2010 9:28 PM

All replies

• Hi

It look like you are right,

But you are saying that the night before you computer under eavy load did not have a problem.

It is posible that someting move during the transport back home.

Chek if the cpu fan rest properly on the cpu and chek as well if the memory stik(s) seat well in their slots.

You could do a virus scan too to unsure that there is no problem on that side.

Edouard

Best regards......Learn something everyday
    • Proposed as answer by Edouard_bim Thursday, August 26, 2010 9:34 AM
    Tuesday, August 3, 2010 11:05 PM