my word file open but my caracter is damage RRS feed

• Question

• i have a word file that is typed in word 6 or word 97

when i want to open it some caracter not show

file attached to post

check it and please help me

link to download word file
    • Edited by Ehsan Mokhtari Monday, May 20, 2013 2:34 PM
    • Moved by Cindy Meister MVP Sunday, June 2, 2013 11:32 AM not developer-related
    • Changed type Just Karl Wednesday, April 8, 2015 2:19 PM It's a question
    Monday, May 20, 2013 2:33 PM

Answers

• Hi Ehsan

Your issue is off-topic in an MSDN forum. MSDN forums are for programming issues; your problem falls into the end-user category. The place to get further assistance is

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/word

FWIW there's not going to be any simple/easy way to "convert" the character symbols that were generated using a non-Arabic font to the correct characters. Best you can hope to do is work with Find/Replace. Most likely, a forum that supports Arabic will be the better source of assistance than an English-language forum. People on an Arabic-language forum may already have experience in doing this kind of conversion.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Wednesday, April 8, 2015 2:20 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Wednesday, April 15, 2015 8:37 PM
    Sunday, June 2, 2013 11:32 AM

All replies

• Except for some empty paragraphs on page 4, your document looks OK to me.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Monday, May 20, 2013 10:11 PM
  • Like Paul, I couldn't see anything strange about your document. You will have to clarify the problem for us... What are the specific symptoms?

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP

Monday, May 20, 2013 11:58 PM
  • when open the doc file some caracter like this line have damage caracter

وآذçر آéضتآ وهé تçآور خوéو حآéمآèé سآ آطكآن âور . آéو غبلè ذçر بè رç غبلè âçخâ تس 

è    and   â    and   ç   and   èé     is  damage caracter

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 6:14 AM
  • Those characters may represent parts of symbols that were created by an old font. In the past, some custom font sets combined pairs of ASCII characters to create a third character. The only reliable way of recreating those would be to re-install the font concerned. In other words, it's not a damaged file - its just not using the right font.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 9:31 AM
  • Those characters may represent parts of symbols that were created by an old font. In the past, some custom font sets combined pairs of ASCII characters to create a third character. The only reliable way of recreating those would be to re-install the font concerned. In other words, it's not a damaged file - its just not using the right font.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

can you explain me more 

how to solve this problem

if file is not damaged and this problem is from font should show file in default font

but it show in bad caracters

i install office 97 that with it type this document but this not work

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 2:10 PM
  • Your document appears to have been created with a font that used pairs of ordinary characters to represent some arabic characters. This was common before Unicode fonts were widely available. To fix the file you need to re-install whatever font it was originally formatted with, and make sure that font is re-applied to the text.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 9:09 PM
  • Your document appears to have been created with a font that used pairs of ordinary characters to represent some arabic characters. This was common before Unicode fonts were widely available. To fix the file you need to re-install whatever font it was originally formatted with, and make sure that font is re-applied to the text.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

can you get me fonts was originally formatted with it,s vt or can help me how to find this font

because i can not find this font and not find to search for this

this document is PHD dissertation and is very very sifnificant

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 6:57 AM
  • The document indicates that it uses a font named Lotus. Is that font installed on your system? If not, try locating and installing it. Is Lotus the original font the document was formatted with? If not, you will need to re-open the original file and find out what font it used.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 7:17 AM
  • The document indicates that it uses a font named Lotus. Is that font installed on your system? If not, try locating and installing it. Is Lotus the original font the document was formatted with? If not, you will need to re-open the original file and find out what font it used.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

is not correct because when i open document in my computer that have lotus font this doc show lotus font and when i remove lotos font it show with badr font 

but a do every thing this not show

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 7:23 AM
  • Hi Ehsan

Your issue is off-topic in an MSDN forum. MSDN forums are for programming issues; your problem falls into the end-user category. The place to get further assistance is

FWIW there's not going to be any simple/easy way to "convert" the character symbols that were generated using a non-Arabic font to the correct characters. Best you can hope to do is work with Find/Replace. Most likely, a forum that supports Arabic will be the better source of assistance than an English-language forum. People on an Arabic-language forum may already have experience in doing this kind of conversion.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Wednesday, April 8, 2015 2:20 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Wednesday, April 15, 2015 8:37 PM
    Sunday, June 2, 2013 11:32 AM
  • my Lanquage is Persian

Arabic is bad Adjective

PERSIAN PERSIAN PERSAIN

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 10:23 PM
  • Hello, Ehsan

As Cindy said, replacing Arabic with Persian:

FWIW there's not going to be any simple/easy way to "convert" the character symbols that were generated using a non-Persian font to the correct characters. Best you can hope to do is work with Find/Replace. Most likely, a forum that supports Persian will be the better source of assistance than an English-language forum. People on an Persian language forum may already have experience in doing this kind of conversion.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

• Edited by Just Karl Wednesday, April 15, 2015 8:39 PM
    Wednesday, April 15, 2015 8:38 PM