Windows XP HOME Reboots by its Self RRS feed

• Question

• I had a damaged PCB on my boot hard drive which shut down my computer without closing Windows properly. I replaced the PCB and the drive is fine. I can boot from it and use Windows. The only problem is that if I start a large file copy or a large down load, Windows will reboot automatically after it has been coping or down loading for a long period of time without completing the task. I will sometime get a message about a corrupted Windows file before the automatic reboot. I switch the drive to a slave and booted from a different hard drive. Now I can copy my large files from the old master drive without Windows rebooting my computer. So the drive is good. I did a Windows repair by booting from Windows CD and then going to install and repair. It did not fix the problem. The computer still automatically reboots when performing large tasks. I ran a CHKDSK from the prompt but there were no issues found, the drive is good.  How do I fix this? Also if am running Windows from my original hard drive and if I delete a file or save a file, the deleted file will return when Windows is restarted and any new saved files will not be there when Windows is restarted.

Sunday, September 17, 2006 1:11 PM

Answers

•  Chieftin wrote:

I had a damaged PCB on my boot hard drive which shut down my computer without closing Windows properly. I replaced the PCB and the drive is fine. I can boot from it and use Windows. The only problem is that if I start a large file copy or a large down load, Windows will reboot automatically after it has been coping or down loading for a long period of time without completing the task. I will sometime get a message about a corrupted Windows file before the automatic reboot. I switch the drive to a slave and booted from a different hard drive. Now I can copy my large files from the old master drive without Windows rebooting my computer. So the drive is good. I did a Windows repair by booting from Windows CD and then going to install and repair. It did not fix the problem. The computer still automatically reboots when performing large tasks. I ran a CHKDSK from the prompt but there were no issues found, the drive is good.  How do I fix this? Also if am running Windows from my original hard drive and if I delete a file or save a file, the deleted file will return when Windows is restarted and any new saved files will not be there when Windows is restarted.

I would suggest reposting your non-WGA related inquiry in the following Windows XP newsgroup:

Discussions in Windows XP General: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

Sunday, September 17, 2006 2:09 PM

All replies

•  Chieftin wrote:

I had a damaged PCB on my boot hard drive which shut down my computer without closing Windows properly. I replaced the PCB and the drive is fine. I can boot from it and use Windows. The only problem is that if I start a large file copy or a large down load, Windows will reboot automatically after it has been coping or down loading for a long period of time without completing the task. I will sometime get a message about a corrupted Windows file before the automatic reboot. I switch the drive to a slave and booted from a different hard drive. Now I can copy my large files from the old master drive without Windows rebooting my computer. So the drive is good. I did a Windows repair by booting from Windows CD and then going to install and repair. It did not fix the problem. The computer still automatically reboots when performing large tasks. I ran a CHKDSK from the prompt but there were no issues found, the drive is good.  How do I fix this? Also if am running Windows from my original hard drive and if I delete a file or save a file, the deleted file will return when Windows is restarted and any new saved files will not be there when Windows is restarted.

I would suggest reposting your non-WGA related inquiry in the following Windows XP newsgroup:

Discussions in Windows XP General: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

Sunday, September 17, 2006 2:09 PM
  • Respected sir,

My window is not properly worked. Reason is i am reinstalled the system.

after reinstalling the treesize professional software my window is now not worked properly.

Yours faithful customer

jaffarali

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 5:41 PM