New install of OneCare will not let me join my pre-existing OneCare Circle RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a paid OneCare account that is vailid untill 2/1/2009. I have it installed on my desktop (OneCare Hub PC), and I had it installed on my laptop. I did a fresh install of Vista on my laptop today and tried to download and reinstall OneCare but it will not let me join my existing Circle. I removed the old laptop name from the Circle leaving just my desktop, reinstalled OneCare on the laptop but it only gives me the option of subscribing or continuing with the 90 trial. If I subscribe it asks for a credit card which I am not going to do because I already have a paid account. If I do the trial it will expire before the paid account expires and it will not let me see it's status on the desktop OneCare Hub. How do I add it to my existing account with the ability to monitor it from the desktop?

Thanks

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 11:35 PM

Answers

• Luis.Links,

You can install the 90 days free trial of onecare on your laptop.

After successfully installing it, hit subscribe, use the Live ID or email address where your subscription is active. Or the Live ID you use on your HUB PC.

To verify what Live ID is used on the HUB PC.

On the main screen of onecare, click Help>About Windows Live OneCare (Help button is in top right of the main screen of onecare)

Check your Subscription ID.

Once Both computer are subscribed under same Live ID, your laptop will be added to the onecare circle.

Thursday, October 30, 2008 8:44 AM