failure in "job submit" after HPC Pack SP1 install RRS feed

• Question

• I can no longer use "job submit" command line and get the following error.   Can you tell me what I do to eliminate error?

Database Exception
    Procedure or function 'Schd_NextTaskId' expects parameter '@numTasks', which was not supplied.

I need to fix this ASAP so that we can go on.
    Our "job submit" was working before the installation of HPC Pack SP1 install. 
    • Moved by Alex Sutton Friday, August 7, 2009 5:04 PM js (From:Windows HPC Server V2 Pre-RTM)
    Wednesday, August 5, 2009 8:51 PM

Answers

• Server version: 2.0.1551.0
    Client version: 2.0.1551.0

I poked around to see if SP1 was installed.  I thought I remembered installing it, but I couldn't find a reference to it anywhere, Windows Update claimed that "HPC Pack 2008 Service Pack 1" wasn't installed.  So, I went ahead and installed it.

After running Windows Update and installing SP1:
    Server version: 2.1.1703.0
    Client version: 2.1.1703.0

At first glance, it looks like the MPI ping-pong test succeeds now.
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 9:18 PM

All replies

• Can you add the job submit command   ( change the name of the exe you are executing). Is this a HA cluster?
    Friday, August 7, 2009 5:36 PM
  • I'm seeing this error with the MPI PIng-Pong test....
    Monday, August 10, 2009 7:33 PM
  • Can both of you that are seeing this please confirm that SP1 is succesfully installed on your head node? You can do this several ways, such as selecting the 'about...' option from your admin console's help menu and replying with all the version numbers shown, or by going to the Programs and Features control panel on the head node selecting to 'show updates' and then scrolling down to the MIcrosoft HPC Pack entry to see if the service pack is listed under it.
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 1:13 AM
  • Server version: 2.0.1551.0
    Client version: 2.0.1551.0

I poked around to see if SP1 was installed.  I thought I remembered installing it, but I couldn't find a reference to it anywhere, Windows Update claimed that "HPC Pack 2008 Service Pack 1" wasn't installed.  So, I went ahead and installed it.

After running Windows Update and installing SP1:
    Server version: 2.1.1703.0
    Client version: 2.1.1703.0

At first glance, it looks like the MPI ping-pong test succeeds now.
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 9:18 PM