Closed Won and then partial refund? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

What kind of a methodology can be applied to a situation where an opportunity that was closed won with revenue of say, $10,000 is now turning into a refund game a few days later and we're left with $1,000?

How do we then turn the closed won to a closed won only $1000? I mean, system-wise I know it's just about editing a field. But I think this needs a deeper thought process on how to create the right implementation. Any advice?

Thanks!

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 8:13 PM

All replies

• The solution for this case would be to reopen the opportunity, amend the products and or value, and then recluse the opportunity as won again.
    Wednesday, May 21, 2014 8:55 PM
  • Hi,

I'd ask what needs to be recorded in this scenario and does the change impact anything else after the opportunity is won? The system allows opportunities to be re-opened, edited and won again so the user can easily update the opportunity value.

You could consider adding negative opportunity product lines, that way the value of the opportunity will be correctly decremented and the value of rebates could also be charted / monitored.

You don't mention what happens in your system after the opportunity is won but if you are using quotes/orders etc then their values will also need to be considered when applying the rebate.

Rob

MCTS. GAP Consulting Ltd. Microsoft Community Contributor Award 2011 & 2013

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 9:03 PM
    Answerer