Dev Mode Activation App crashing in xbox one RRS feed

• Question

• We have a xbox one device which is in retail dev mode and runs on windows insider program. The developer mode was not activated in the device and we tried activating it by installing and running the Dev Mode Activation app. It went well until the 3rd tab of the activation app,then it crashed and the application terminated.We repeated the same procedure after restarting the device, but still the issue persisted.We even tried resetting the device.

After a bit research, it was understood that the dev mode activation is not possible in retail dev mode version. Is there any way that could be achieved?

Any help appreciated...
    Monday, February 19, 2018 11:04 AM

All replies

• Hi Anoop.PG,

Thanks for posting. From my understanding, any retail console should be able to switch to developer mode, as per this document:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/xbox-apps/devkit-activation

Unfortunately, this forum is dedicated to issues related specifically to Xbox Live development -- such as Sign-In, Stats, Leaderboards, Multiplayer, etc. -- and as such this question falls outside the scope of what we deal with.

I'm moving this post to the Developing Universal Windows apps forum in an effort to get your question answered.

Thanks,

Nate - Xbox Live Forum Moderator

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 2:58 PM
  • From the dev mode FAQ:

I'm part of the Xbox One Preview program. Can I download the Developer Mode Activation App?

If you’re part of the Xbox One Preview program, you’ll need to leave that program before you can join this one. If you decide that you don't want to get Preview updates anymore, you can opt out from the Xbox Preview Dashboard app.

Here's how to remove your console from the Xbox Preview program:

1. Open the Xbox Preview Dashboard app.
    2. Select Registration.
    3. Under Manage flights, select Change.

Note If you have more than one console in the program, you can change their statuses by using Manage other consoles.

4. Under Manage programs, select Remove, and then select Submit. You'll be prompted to select a reason for leaving.

If you run into any issues, post in the private Xbox Early Access forums for help.

Note It will take one business day after requesting to be removed from the Preview Program for your request to process. Until then, you will not be able to download the app, and your console's status will show as Pending.

If my reply solves your issue, please mark it as the answer

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 8:50 PM
  • Thanks Jim for the reply,

I tried searching for the Xbox Preview Dashboard app in the store, but it wasn't listed in the search result.

All I  got was Xbox insider Hub app

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 6:49 AM
  • Hi Anoop PG,

Here is the forum for developing UWP apps, your issue is not in our scope, we don't support it here, you can ask it on the Xbox Early Access forums.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Breeze

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 27, 2018 7:41 AM