none
MSN Money Stock Quotes RRS feed

• Question

• Please see my comment to Microsoft.

Using  =MSNStockQuote($A35,"Change","USa") or USd or US does not worked for me in all of my spreadsheets..

I am very unhappy that you arbitrarily changed the syntax for MSN Money Stock Quotes without notification or without a patch. The program stopped working in late June. My son who is a programmer has complained to me for years that Microsoft is just an arrogant monopoly. I have always defended your company but not anymore. I have used and relied on MSN Stock Quotes for over 10 years and just upgraded to Office 2013. That was a big mistake. I am now a very dissatisfied Microsoft owner. Either fix MSN Money Quotes or alert existing users that it no longer works. 

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 12:06 AM

All replies

• Microsoft's decision to abandon MS Money contributed to my decision about two years ago to abandon Windows and move to Mac platform. I've since been using MS Money on Parallels/Windows on the Mac, but it looks like I am going to have to give up completely with Windows if they've now completely pulled the plug on stock updates for MS Money.

I find the lack of any sort of strategy in Microsoft very baffling. The company just seems to be a lot of divisions all pulling in different directions and not knowing what the other is doing. Probably the division that works on Office 2013 has no idea that another division has pulled the plug on a component of their office suite! Likewise, in my Windows days, I tried a Windows mobile phone, imagining it would link seamlessly with my PC - big mistake! Any videos I took on my Windows phone were "incompatible" with PC!

Sunday, September 8, 2013 10:14 AM
  • I use exactly the same (mac with parallels/windows 8) set up as Oh I dunno and feel exactly the same and have the same intentions as he does. Surely someone from MS is doing some kind of research as to their users needs and intentions - if they carry on like this they are going to lose all their customers. 
    Friday, September 13, 2013 4:36 PM