CRM Dynamics Online 2013 Webservices RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have to create a new web service to use in CRM Dynamics Online 2013. Our customer doesn't have a Web Server where publish it.

Anyone can tell me where can I publish my web Service? I have to use Windows Azure to do it?

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 12:16 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It is possible to use Windows Azure web service.  You should be able to invoke the same from within plug-in when using Dynamics CRM Online. As for online, you cannot use non-sandboxed environments. You will need to use

ChannelFactory interface for the server call. However this works well as I have implemented the same for a client in the past.

Hope this helps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
     Minal Dahiya
    blog : http://minaldahiya.blogspot.com.au/

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 12:43 PM
  • Hi,

You could either go for Windows Azure or other partner hosted Web Servers for hosting your web service.

Admin QuikView Solution for CRM 2013

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 12:44 PM
  • Hi,

I'm new and I'm not sure What I have to use. For example if  I have CRM Dynamics Online 2013 and I have to create a web services. Which options I have to publish it? 

Thanks a lot.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 12:51 PM
  • Hi,

Like I said, you could go for a Windows Azure subscription and have your web service hosted there. If you are planning to invoke this web service from CRM, you can do that. Or if you're planning to have this web service work as a wrapper service on top of Dynamics CRM, that is possible as well.

You might want to check out the Windows Azure subscription plans. Partner hosted Web Service is also an option other than Windows Azure.

Admin QuikView Solution for CRM 2013

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 1:01 PM
  • If you are looking at which technology to use - ASP.NET Web API might be a good choice. 

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 1:05 PM