Centeralized Backup RRS feed

• Question

•  

I had three computers set up in my circle. One of them serves as an internet gateway and is on a different subnet. I was able to configure all three for centeralized backup however after many attempts I discovered the odd subnet computer is not able to access the hub computer where the removable storage is attached.

I removed the odd computer from the circle, added it to my account so it now stands alone. Now I cannot configure it for backup because the original backup was centeralized with no modification by the local computer.

Since this computer is no longer part of the circle, how can I configure it for backup?

Saturday, July 26, 2008 2:19 AM

Answers

• You will probably need to reset the backup plan on that PC since it can't backup to the centralized location.

Open OneCare

Click Change Settings

backup tab

Click Configure Backup

Click change settings in the lower left

Make sure that the first screen for Centralized Backup has "No Centralized backup" selected

Click your PC on the left.

Uncheck the selection for "Turn on backup for this PC."

Click Next and save the revised plan.

Go back to the backup tab, configure backup and click Change Settings in the lower left once again.

Select your PC and click.

Click Turn on backup

Select the change location link and select the drive you want to use for backup

Modify the schedule as desired for "When"

Select the file types as desired for "What"

Click next and save the revised plan with the new selection.

-steve

Monday, July 28, 2008 4:37 PM