Cell Phones and Live Mesh RRS feed

• Question

• When will Live Mesh allow users to add cell phones again?
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Saturday, September 19, 2009 9:31 PM (From:Live Mesh)
    Saturday, September 19, 2009 9:01 PM

Answers

• From the announcement above:
    If you have a mobile phone with Windows Mobile 6.0 or higher, you can add these devices to your mesh.  Live Mesh for Mobile access requires the following invitation code: https://www.mesh.com/Web/Promo.aspx?pcode=Mob_FCFS1.

1.  Click the invitation code link above
    2.  Sign-in with your Windows Live ID
    3.  Go to www.mesh.com
    4.  In your device ring, select Add Device
    5.  Under the install button, select "Use Live Mesh for mobile devices"
    6.  A new window with the rest of the procedure will pop-up, follow the instructions.

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Monday, September 21, 2009 12:36 PM

All replies

• Thanks Jim, that's what I needed. Connected now.

GW
    Saturday, September 19, 2009 9:52 PM
  • From the announcement above:
    If you have a mobile phone with Windows Mobile 6.0 or higher, you can add these devices to your mesh.  Live Mesh for Mobile access requires the following invitation code: https://www.mesh.com/Web/Promo.aspx?pcode=Mob_FCFS1.

1.  Click the invitation code link above
    2.  Sign-in with your Windows Live ID
    3.  Go to www.mesh.com
    4.  In your device ring, select Add Device
    5.  Under the install button, select "Use Live Mesh for mobile devices"
    6.  A new window with the rest of the procedure will pop-up, follow the instructions.

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Monday, September 21, 2009 12:36 PM
  • Thanks Stephen. As soon as Jim moved my post to this forum I saw the instructions on adding the phone. I was using an older set of instructions from I'm not sure how far back. I'm connected now.

Thanks,

GW
    Monday, September 21, 2009 12:52 PM
  • Thanks Stephen. As soon as Jim moved my post to this forum I saw the instructions on adding the phone. I was using an older set of instructions from I'm not sure how far back. I'm connected now.

Thanks,

GW

I sort of figured that you had seen the announcement, but added the text into the thread so that someone viewing the thread would know the answer. :-) Glad that you got it working.
    -steve
    Monday, September 21, 2009 2:09 PM
  • Good idea as the old links to the old install are still working, and that's where I went off track. I'll have to check back here and read up on all the features available now compared to a year ago when I first installed Live Mesh. Time to do so is rare these days!

GW
    Monday, September 21, 2009 2:17 PM