OCS Client cannot login to the Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I've successfully installed OCS 2007 Std edition on my DC and i also created the A record as well as the _SRV records.
    but then i got this error message from the Client event viewer:

EventID: 5
    Source: Communicator

Communicator could not connect securely to server dc.domain.com because the certificate presented by the server was not trusted due to validation error 0x80090325.  The issuing certificate authority (CA) for the server's certificate may not be locally trusted by the client, the certificate may be revoked, or the certificate may have expired.

and from the pop up message box:

There was a problem verifying the certificate from the server. Please contact your system administrator.

I am using self created certificate, does this means i need to buy 3rd party real SSL certificate for using OCS internally ?

any kind of help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

/* Support Engineer */
    Thursday, January 8, 2009 3:04 AM

Answers

• When you say "self created" certificate, do you mean using a Windows Certificate Authority?  If this is the case, the root certificate needs to be imported into the client's Trusted Root Certification Authorities store.  You can do this via group policy or manually.
    Thursday, January 8, 2009 8:29 PM
  • Do you have inserted the certificate to the trusted Certificate Authority on the Client ?
    If not, insert the Certificate to the Trusted Root Certficate Authoritys of the Computer Account.
    Thursday, January 8, 2009 9:34 PM

All replies

• When you say "self created" certificate, do you mean using a Windows Certificate Authority?  If this is the case, the root certificate needs to be imported into the client's Trusted Root Certification Authorities store.  You can do this via group policy or manually.
    Thursday, January 8, 2009 8:29 PM
  • Do you have inserted the certificate to the trusted Certificate Authority on the Client ?
    If not, insert the Certificate to the Trusted Root Certficate Authoritys of the Computer Account.
    Thursday, January 8, 2009 9:34 PM

• thanks to All !

yeah you guys right, it worked now after i manually imported the servername.cert file to each client :-)

Cheers,

AWT

/* Support Engineer */
    Tuesday, January 13, 2009 7:19 AM