New to windows live writer, having a problem setting it up, main problem is login failure RRS feed

• Question

• I just recently installed windows live writer on my computer and when I opened the program to set it up, by the time I got to the part where it asks you to log in with your windows live ID, I get the following message: "An unexpected error occurred while trying to log in to the remote server.  If you have a proxy or firewall configured, please make sure your system is properly configured to allow this program to connect to the remote server." My firewall settings appear to be okay. I even added the Windows Live Writer to the list of exceptions under the firewall settings, but it's still giving me the error message whenever I try to sign in to Windows Live ID to set it up. I really wish somebody would help me set this up properly because I wanted to use this program to create a blog for school projects and ideas on preserving the environment. I've been trying to set up a website for this project, but it's so complicated and to publish on the web isn't free, so I thought a blog would be the easiest way to present my ideas and share them. I'm just wondering if perhaps my computer is being blocked by some hacker or a secure network. I'm using my own personal computer at home (not in a workplace setting), so I don't know why anyone would be blocking it from logging in to a remote server. I tried going into the Windows Live Help Center for solutions to this problem, but I think there's something wrong with that webpage. Every time I try to go into one of the forums to ask a question, the little curser on the screen just keeps turning and turning with nothing else happening. That's why I went back to this help forum. If there's anyone out there who is very tech savvy (and it would be a major plus if you work for Microsoft), I would appreciate your advice. I think Windows Live Writer is a great idea and program, but I'll never really know for sure unless I get a chance to actually use it.

Monday, April 18, 2011 5:42 PM