none
MCSA 2008 upgrade path RRS feed

• Question

• I am aiming towards getting MCSA 2008 qualified by getting 70-640, 70-642 and 70-646 but was wondering is it best to go for the enterprise administrator instead? although i can see no upgrade paths to 2012 from the enterprise administration.

My question Is, is it worth getting MCSA qualified and upgrading straight to 2012 through the 70-417 rather than going for the enterprise administrator qualification?

Friday, October 19, 2012 3:34 PM

Answers

• When you get the Enterprise Administration certification you also get MCSA 2008.  This then enables you to take 70-417 to upgrade it to MCSA: 2012.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/cert-windowsserver.aspx

Q.  I already earned the Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Enterprise Administrator certification. Do I still need to take Exam 646 to earn the MCSA: Windows Server 2008 certification?

A.  No. All individuals who earn the MCITP: Enterprise Administrator certification are automatically granted the MCSA: Windows Server 2008 certification.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Friday, October 19, 2012 10:17 PM

All replies

• When you get the Enterprise Administration certification you also get MCSA 2008.  This then enables you to take 70-417 to upgrade it to MCSA: 2012.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/cert-windowsserver.aspx

Q.  I already earned the Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Enterprise Administrator certification. Do I still need to take Exam 646 to earn the MCSA: Windows Server 2008 certification?

A.  No. All individuals who earn the MCITP: Enterprise Administrator certification are automatically granted the MCSA: Windows Server 2008 certification.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Friday, October 19, 2012 10:17 PM
  • Okay thanks but do you believe it is worth going for the full enterprise administrator qualification or get MCSA 2008 and upgrade to 2012?
    • Edited by acf05 Saturday, October 20, 2012 9:08 AM
    Saturday, October 20, 2012 9:07 AM