Rollup vs SP RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I was wondering about the difference of Update Rollup and Service Pack on CRM Systems. I was not able to find an official definition about this things.

Are there any drawbacks installing SP 1? Or are there any drawbacks if I do not install SP 1?

I am a bit confused about these two things.

Kind Regards

Klemens

Monday, July 14, 2014 6:25 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Klemens,

This blog article explains the difference between a Service Pack and Rollup. This msdn entry will give you an idea about what was fixed and new features introduced in SP1 for CRM 2013.

Admin QuikView Solution for CRM 2013

• Marked as answer by k.duschlbauer Wednesday, July 16, 2014 6:49 AM
    Monday, July 14, 2014 11:49 AM
  • Thanks for help.

Actually I have not got the difference between SP and UR. It seems to be nearly the same thing.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 6:49 AM
  • Well, they are nearly the same thing. Service Packs have not been a common term with Dynamics CRM, Rollups seem to be the one that's used almost always. What I have seen from my personal point of view is that Service Packs tend to have a lot of stuff  in them, meaning they bring about a overhaul of the existing system, introducing some major new features, integrations, etc. Rollups on the other hand tend to "fix" bugs more and sometimes come with new additions, for example the metro look of CRM, etc.

The difference is very little, but the word Service Packs tend to sound big compared to Rollups. :)

Admin QuikView Solution for CRM 2013

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 6:58 AM