Fatal System Crash RRS feed

• Question

• When searching the internet and after a software installation, my antivirus program, AVG indicated a threat and asked for forced threat removal, noting a crash might occur. It did. Now I cannot access anything with a normal start and using safe mode, the control panel will not function nor will system restore (it notes that is is turned off and to turn it on using the 'domain administrator'. How do I access system restore or the control panel to uninstal programs when almost everything is not working? I am using an HP laptop and I am reluctant to restore the computer to its original settings using HP recovery if I don't have to.

Desperate in the Kootenays
    Monday, December 14, 2009 1:25 AM

Answers

• Hello ,

Thank you for your post!  Unfortunately I am not able to determine which forum or newsgroup is best suited for your question at hand.  Can you provide me a little more detail in regards to the operating system you are currently using and what version is it? This would help me to guide you to the appropriate forum.

Thank you, Vijay Rao Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Operations Team
    Monday, December 28, 2009 6:57 AM