about my winxp pro sp2's activation. RRS feed

• Question

• i have a laptop with winxp pro sp3 operating system without chinese word, so i contact microsoft help center and your professional mail me a free winxp pro sp2 disc which is unlicensed, it does not work,i email your professional, it might be wrong with your exchang system,he did not reply.what i need now is to activate this winxp pro sp2. also system always show me "microsofe feeds synchronization has a problem". i do not know why.thanks.
    Thursday, July 15, 2010 1:27 AM

Answers

• "weiwang2027" wrote in message news:35328af9-50ab-4308-b291-caefd8899b24...
    i have a laptop with winxp pro sp3 operating system without chinese word, so i contact microsoft help center and your professional mail me a free winxp pro sp2 disc which is unlicensed, it does not work,i email your professional, it might be wrong with your exchang system,he did not reply.what i need now is to activate this winxp pro sp2. also system always show me "microsofe feeds synchronization has a problem". i do not know why.thanks.

It's highly unlikely that MS would send out a 'free' OS disk - with or without a Key. It's more likely that the disk you have is the SP2 install disk, which is purely an update disk for existing XP installations.
    What does the disk say it is?  What does it look like? Does it have the words 'For installation only on a new PC' embedded in the hologram?
    Does your computer have a COA Sticker on it? What version and Edition of Windows is stated on the sticker? (Do not post the Key!)
    Please read the Announcements at the head of the forum index page, and report back with a copy of your MGADiag report.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Thursday, July 15, 2010 1:52 AM

All replies

• "weiwang2027" wrote in message news:35328af9-50ab-4308-b291-caefd8899b24...
    i have a laptop with winxp pro sp3 operating system without chinese word, so i contact microsoft help center and your professional mail me a free winxp pro sp2 disc which is unlicensed, it does not work,i email your professional, it might be wrong with your exchang system,he did not reply.what i need now is to activate this winxp pro sp2. also system always show me "microsofe feeds synchronization has a problem". i do not know why.thanks.

It's highly unlikely that MS would send out a 'free' OS disk - with or without a Key. It's more likely that the disk you have is the SP2 install disk, which is purely an update disk for existing XP installations.
    What does the disk say it is?  What does it look like? Does it have the words 'For installation only on a new PC' embedded in the hologram?
    Does your computer have a COA Sticker on it? What version and Edition of Windows is stated on the sticker? (Do not post the Key!)
    Please read the Announcements at the head of the forum index page, and report back with a copy of your MGADiag report.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Thursday, July 15, 2010 1:52 AM
  • No reply from Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 6:41 PM