Easiest MCTS Server 2008 Exam RRS feed

• Question

• I am working towards an MCITP: Enterprise Admin certification but am not sure which exam to start off with.  I am looking on some advice as to which is the easiest of the MCTS exams (640, 642 and 643 or the Windows 7 exam 680).  I assume it is 680.  I was going to start with 640 but it is a bit daunting and I don't think I want 640 to be my first ever Certification exam.  I want to get my first certification out of the way asap so I can work on the rest.  Any advice would be appreciated.  I have done some basic sysadmin jobs in the past but currently work doing it support so that might give you an idea as to what my current skill set is.

Trido
    Monday, February 8, 2010 2:07 AM

Answers

• You are right. Windows 7 or exam 680 would be the easiest, which will give you a mental boost to go after the rest.

Good luck

Rubel Khan - MY BLOG!
    If your question was truly answered, please mark it as Answered and Vote as helpful. Thank you in advance.
    • Marked as answer by Trido Monday, February 8, 2010 2:19 AM
    Monday, February 8, 2010 2:13 AM

All replies

• You are right. Windows 7 or exam 680 would be the easiest, which will give you a mental boost to go after the rest.

Good luck

Rubel Khan - MY BLOG!
    If your question was truly answered, please mark it as Answered and Vote as helpful. Thank you in advance.
    • Marked as answer by Trido Monday, February 8, 2010 2:19 AM
    Monday, February 8, 2010 2:13 AM
  • Thanks for that.
    Monday, February 8, 2010 2:19 AM
  • Its quite an obvious thing to point out Windows 7 as the easiest exam of all. What that guy really needs to know is - which amongst the rest 70-640,70-642 and 70-643 is the easiest after Windows 7 to pursue?
    Monday, February 8, 2010 3:11 AM
  • To my mind, 70-642 is easier to comprehend than the other two.
    Monday, February 8, 2010 4:12 AM
  • Thanks for that.  That will be the second exam I go for.

For someone with only a small amount of experience admining an SBS2008 box, how much time do you think it would take to get upto speed enough to pass this exam?
    Monday, February 8, 2010 4:22 AM