none
Upgrade path to MCSE 2012 from MCTS 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there I am wondering if someone can show me the right path to upgrade my current Microsoft Certifications to Server 2012.

I am an MCSE Messaging 2003 certified (I believe this has expired now) and with an aim to upgrade to 2008 MCITP Enterprise Administrator I have taken 70-649 and 70-647. The only Exam left out for 2008 MCITP Enterprise Administrator is 70-680. As per MS Transcript currently I am MCTS 2008 Certified.

Now I would like to upgrade to 2012. I have had a look on the internet but unfortunately couldn’t find anything. In my circumstances what would be the best path to upgrade, if there is any by taking the minimum number of exams.

Any help will be highly appreciated!

Tuesday, September 9, 2014 9:21 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi

Generally if the exams expired you will need to start from scratch again.

Once you get your 70-680 exam you should get your MCITP for 2008 and then you can upgrade to 2012.

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, September 9, 2014 9:30 AM
  • Once you will pass the 70-680 to get your MCITP Enterprise Administrator, you can start upgrading to 2012 MCSE by taking 3 exams

70-417 to upgrade to MCSA 2012
    70-413 Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure
    70-414 Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure

and that will get you the MCSE: Server Infrastructure

https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/mcse-server-infrastructure-certification.aspx#upgrade

Marek Chmel(MVP SQL Server, MCSE SharePoint 2013, MCT, CCNA,CCDA)
    Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been helpful for you.

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 10:56 AM