OCS 2007 R2 Archive/CDR Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Environment:
    Server 2003 SP2 Domain
    Server 2003 X64 servers
    OCS 2007 RTM
    OCS 2007 R2

Issue:
    New OCS 2007 R2 environment is attempted at being installed to migrate from our existing OCS 2007 RTM environment.  During the create pool wizard, my supervisor checked the
    "Enable call detail recording" and "Enable QoE monitoring" checkbox".  Create pool wizard completed and I continued the installation of the core components on the server.  When running the add server to pool wizard, the wizard asks for me to configure the Monitoring Server.  Normally, this wouldn't be an issue, but we don't have a physical server available yet for this.  Due to change control procedures, I cannot re-run the create pool wizard to disable the setting, so I need to find out how to disable this setting manually.  Is it stored in Active Directory, SQL, WMI???  How do I change it???

Help on this would be greatly appreciated!
    Trevor
    Sunday, September 13, 2009 8:35 PM

Answers

• Found the solution to this:

Connect to SQL server via Management Studio and navigate to the RTCConfig database.  From there, navigate to the dbo.MSFT_SIPLogSetting table.  Each pool will have it's own InstanceID - change the EnableCDR and EnableQMS values from TRUE to FALSE.

Following that change, I re-ran the add server to pool wizard and the monitoring section is no longer presented in the wizard!
    Trevor
    • Marked as answer by rovert506 Sunday, September 13, 2009 9:31 PM
    Sunday, September 13, 2009 9:31 PM