Radio noises coming from computer RRS feed

• Question

• I read your previous responses to a similar question and no solution was found in those.  So I'm asking again - what is causing radio sounds (ads, broadcasts, etc.) on my Toshiba Satellite A505 that has NO EXTERNAL SPEAKERS attached to it.  The same things attached to this Toshiba - cable for internet, mouse, thumb drive, were attached to my old Dell and I never had this problem.  When I search on the internet, it seems that a lot of people are experiencing this problem and thus far there is no solution offered except to run Malwarebytes or some other anti-virus which I did and I did a full scan.  Removed all found threats permanently and I'm still receiving those annoying broadcasts.  Seems to me that there's something in the computer or in the Windows 7 software that's causing the computer to act like a receiver and I would like to know what to do to fix it.  This laptop runs Windows 7.  The Dell had XP running. 
    Tuesday, February 8, 2011 2:53 AM

Answers

•  

You're off topic for this forum, which is dedicated to Windows Live OneCare

Since you already read the other threads, you knwo that no definitive solution was found. It could be a hardware issue with the wiring acting like an antenna. It could be a driver issue. It could be malware. For the former, contact Toshiba. For the latter, 

If you are in North America, you can call 866-727-2338 for help with virus and spyware infections. See http://www.microsoft.com/protect/support/default.mspx for details. For international information, see your local subsidiary Support site.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Tuesday, February 8, 2011 11:32 AM