none
VC++ 6.0 MFC how to open a webpage using firefox browser and not internet explorer RRS feed

• Question

• I want to open websites using Firefox browser control inside VC++ 6.0 MFC Application. currently i can open web page only using internet explorer.please give me solution for opening in Firefox browser control.(i do not want to open new window or another application

• Moved by Baron Bi Wednesday, April 4, 2018 7:38 AM Out of support
    Wednesday, March 28, 2018 9:21 AM

All replies

• Hello,

how do you open the browser? Show your source code.

If you only use the standard "open" command for html-files, then Windows opens the Standard Internet browser, which seems to be IE. You can change the standard in Firefox settings for example.

Regards, Guido

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 9:29 AM
  • but this URL is opening web page outside application .I want to open url inside application.

for examples

I tried m_browser.Navigate(url, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL);

but I am getting page load error here is error message(in Internet explorer 8 only)

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 9:35 AM
  •  m_browser.Navigate(url, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL);

What is m_browser? How do you define it?
    Wednesday, March 28, 2018 9:43 AM
  • define a m_browser

CWebBrowser m_browser;

then used for redirect a web page

m_browser.Navigate(url , NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL);

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 10:02 AM
  • CWebBrowser is the standard Microsoft control. It uses IE.

You should look for the Firefox Active-X Control and use it instead.
    Read this: https://www.codeproject.com/Questions/829014/How-to-change-web-browser-control-browser-to-chrom

It shows the link to the documentation: http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/control.htm

Regards, Guido

• Edited by Guido Franzke Wednesday, March 28, 2018 10:09 AM link to active-x control
    • Proposed as answer by Guido Franzke Thursday, March 29, 2018 6:26 AM
    Wednesday, March 28, 2018 10:08 AM
  • thank you

I tried the Mozilla Active X control .I could able to load webpage.but not able to use mouse or keyboard on the page.

how to enable interaction with the page?

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 10:41 AM
  • thank you

I tried the Mozilla Active X control .I could able to load webpage.but not able to use mouse or keyboard on the page.

how to enable interaction with the page?

Have you tried the example on the webpage? http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/MozCtlDemo.zip

Compare the properties of your control with the one in the sample.

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 11:02 AM
  • Hi,

thanks for posting here.

The VC 6.0 is out of support now. Sorry about that. Please upgrade your vs to a newer version so that we could provide better help for you.

Your understanding and cooperation will be grateful.

Best Regards,

Baron Bi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 29, 2018 1:23 AM
  • Hi

Thanks for your suggestion

Thursday, March 29, 2018 7:53 PM