window saying license has expired RRS feed

• Question

• I just recived my 3 copys of RC1 and installed it. I then tried to activate the install and now my os locked up and says my license has expired and to buy a new cd key. it will not let me log on to do anything.  I had been letting my costomers try vista Beta 2 out and they love it, but they are gettting concered about this problem with RC1. if my cd keys are not good I would like my money back for the cd's I bought.

anyone help me out here???

Sunday, November 19, 2006 3:14 AM

Answers

• This is a common problem when your BIOS clock is off into the future at install time, or has moved forward since then. Please check your date/time. If you still have problems, post details like any error codes you see, the edition and build number of Vista you are running, etc.
    Monday, November 20, 2006 6:10 PM

All replies

• Error message when you start Windows Vista:

"Your activation period has expired": http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925616/ 

Monday, November 20, 2006 5:11 AM
  • This is a common problem when your BIOS clock is off into the future at install time, or has moved forward since then. Please check your date/time. If you still have problems, post details like any error codes you see, the edition and build number of Vista you are running, etc.
    Monday, November 20, 2006 6:10 PM
  • Thanks for the fix. lol, new M/B and the battery is bad, it has my date as 2061. changed it and it works. Thank you again
    Tuesday, November 21, 2006 4:57 AM